Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freecorder Toolbar in Vista

Default Freecorder Toolbar in Vista

I have managed to get the toolbar operating in Vista but all recordings suffer from a constant clicking or chattering noise in the background. These recordings were made when the computer was being used for nothing else; no microphone was connected. No DRM music was involved.
    Can anyone make suggestions as to what is causing this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi Roy,

If Freecorder Toolbar has trouble recording, you may need to turn off User Account Control in Windows Vista.

Let me know if this helps. :-D
    Last edited by Jeff Lenney; 08-10-2008 at 09:30 AM.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Freecorder Problems With Vista

Hi Jeff - I had already disconnected UAC but had not thought about 'drivers' as it is a brand new computer. I shall research this but I am loathe to change drivers when everything else appears to be working.

By the way, you mention Freecorder 2 but am I not working with Freecorder 3? I have probably got this totally wrong so don't worry about replying unless there is anything significant in this.

Regards
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by royrogers View Post
    Hi Jeff - I had already disconnected UAC but had not thought about 'drivers' as it is a brand new computer. I shall research this but I am loathe to change drivers when everything else appears to be working.

By the way, you mention Freecorder 2 but am I not working with Freecorder 3? I have probably got this totally wrong so don't worry about replying unless there is anything significant in this.

Regards
    Roy
    Hi Roy, disregard the part about the drivers, I gave the solution for the freecorder toolbar (3) and freecorder 2, sorry for not clarifying. Stay tuned, we'll look into this.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Default Freecorder Toolbar not working on Sony VAIO NR160E

I had been using my Mac iBook to record many internet streaming radio shows for a couple of years now using WireTap Pro. It is idiot proof. Now I had migrated to a PC laptop (Sony VAIO VGN-NR160E) and having a tough time doing the same.

The Freecorder Toolbar could not find the 'sound card' or device. So I have not been able to record anything on this laptop.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Jeff - I have experienced the same problem on another computer using a Windows XP Home operating system although the clicking noise is not so noticeable. The important thing, however, is that the problem only seems to appear when recording from the same site on either computer. I need to do a bit more testing on this just to ensure that it is only the one site giving rise to the problem.
    Regards,Roy

If there is a site that you always have this problem with you should definitely let us know. It might make it easier to pinpoint exactly what is happening. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Hi Tasha - The site is a UK music provider from which you can buy or stream tracks. It operates under the name of different charities or other organisations to which it sells its services. The one which I use is Oxfam, Music but the operator is OnDemandDistribution. It is also known as od2.com and you will easily find them if you enter one of the names in a search engine.

When e-mailing it, the address which I use is [email protected].
    Regards - Roy

Thanks Roy, I'll look into this!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Hi Tasha - I thought you would be interested to know that, when recording some tracks from AccuRadio, I got clicking on the occasional recording. This time, however, I was using my laptop which has a Windows XP Home operating system fully updated. I have no idea what to make of this.
    Regards - Roy.