Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 2: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.

Default Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 2: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.

Ok. This is getting old.
    I did exactly s instructed and am getting the same error

Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.
    Please make sure you are online, your proxy settings are correct in Replay Music if you are using a proxy server and your firewall is not blocking the Genpuid.exe file.

Default Re: Auto tagging Mp3 version 2

What version of the program are you using? If you are using Replay Music 2 it will not work.You need to use the latest version 3.92. If you continue to have an issue please contact tech support with your detailed information and a log file. Thanks.

Ok. This is getting old.
    I did exactly s instructed and am getting the same error

Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.
    Please make sure you are online, your proxy settings are correct in Replay Music if you are using a proxy server and your firewall is not blocking the Genpuid.exe file.

I purchased replay music two days ago and installed it on my computer running windows xp pro. The first day it worked great while using Rhapsody, on the second day I started getting this error message above. None of the settings were changed. I found this thread above un-installed my current version, restarted the computer and installed version 3.92. It did start working for recording and tagging the next play list, but while on the third play list i received the error message again. Please help.
    Last edited by tony56420; 07-12-2010 at 07:39 PM.

We are aware of this issue and we are working on it now. Our music service changed servers and this has created this issue. We hope to have it resolved in the next couple of days. Thanks for your continued patience while we work on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We are aware of this issue and we are working on it now. Our music service changed servers and this has created this issue. We hope to have it resolved in the next couple of days. Thanks for your continued patience while we work on this issue.
    Any updates on this issue?

Our latest version is working great. Thanks.

I am experiencing this same problem on an intermittent basis. Using version 3.97.

I'm using version 3.97...I just purchased it a couple of days ago. I'm also having the same problem on an intermittent basis. At times, the tagging works great but there are long stretches where it is not working and I have to type information in by hand When the problem arises, I try multiple computers and none of them tag properly. Can you please provide some updated feedback on any problems with the servers? Thanks

The Music ID server is having some issues and they are working on this. It should ow be working for you.

Default Re: Problem with Auto tagging Mp3 with Replay Music version 2: Error: Unable to contact music identification server for tagging.

I'm using 3.98.08.20.2010
    Got the same problems. In fact this is making the application completely unusable. Impossible to stop it repeatedly throwing up the alert and trying to tag tracks that have already been manually edited. HOPELESS!

In fact as it stands, the program is now pretty much completely useless.
    OK, eat humble pie. Now switched off auto-tagging...
    Spit our humble pie. Despite tagging switched off the godd@mned warning still occurring.trying to tag manually inhibited by
    Add more irritation. Trying to tag manually is inhibited by the program trying to access the external server.

Replay Music is effectively useless at this stage.
    Last edited by profRoy; 01-13-2011 at 10:37 AM.