Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Can't log into XM

Default Re: Can't log into XM

Quote Originally Posted by mfm View Post
    Hopefully this is fixed... I want to order.
    I'm using v8.76 to tune in and record xm, and it's working fine.

edadks, your using v8.76, when you tune in to XM, do you get a XM page you can change channels with or just the Replay tuner playing your channel?

Quote Originally Posted by DADEO View Post
    edadks, your using v8.76, when you tune in to XM, do you get a XM page you can change channels with or just the Replay tuner playing your channel?
    I don't get the xm tuner anymore, now I get a generic window while the channel plays and I cannot change channels. I just set up multiple entries in the Replay window, one for each each station I regularly tune to.

I don't understand the problem...if you want to listen live while changing channels, use XM's web-based player. If you want to record unattended, use Replay AV.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSummers View Post
    I don't understand the problem...if you want to listen live while changing channels, use XM's web-based player. If you want to record unattended, use Replay AV.

Your way will surely work, but I bounce around channels and record while listening from the speakers. One minute here, one minute there, I'm all over the place. It's so easy with Replay and Sirius all in one place.

Your way will surely work, but I bounce around channels and record while listening from the speakers. One minute here, one minute there, I'm all over the place. It's so easy with Replay and Sirius all in one place.
    Well, they have made it clear with the changes made by SiriusXM that simply won't work any more, so expecting it is useless. The major advantage to Replay AV is being able to stream-record Sirius or XM without decompressing/recompressing (that is, the data is written to the drive as-is), but you can't do that and what you want to do - so just switch Replay AV to "Capture by Recording Audio Output (Speakers, Mic, Line IN)" and then use XM or Sirius' web player to bounce around all you want, editing the file later for the pieces you want to retain.

But then, Applian never claimed you could do what you describe, only that you could stream-record from XM and Sirius, and you can do that.

(NB: I bought the Capture Suite, but haven't installed most of it yet so I am hardly an expert in the operation of all of the applications. Check with Applian CS to find the app best-suited to record to hard drive anything that is headed toward your speakers, in case there's something better than Replay AV in capture output mode.)

I've stayed with/went back to v8.72 and everything works just fine.