Thread: recording breaking up

Default recording breaking up

when recording stream from internet radio, lately the recording has been splitting on its own at various places (10 min, 8 min, 2 min 15 min, etc.). I lose parts of the recording at these splits. Tried no splits, 1 hr splits but nothing works same story. Any help?

Default Re: recording breaking up

What link are you recording? Are you using stream capture or audio capture? We need more information in ordeer to help.

stream capture

copied url from the station, RV 8 starts recording at correct time but breakup occurs at random times...in a 2 hour stretch it will breakup half dozen times with various breaks in recording of undetermined lengths then start recording again until session is over - also the "after recording convert to" box on the basic tab, the only choice I get is "do nothing" even though the output box, on the output tab, is checked to put in itunes. I have to close rv8 then reopen before conversion takes place - don't know if that plays into the problem

I've had this same problem since the beginning of November and was told the problem was on my end. I changed nothing between the end of October and the beginning of November. Even with the 8.72 upgrade I'm still having the same problem: I stream record the Stern show each day for 6 hours and my recordings are being split up into 10 to 18 segments. I've tried tweaking the "Stream Capture Time Out" and even set it to "Nothing - Leave as is" after the recording has ended with no success. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. I've been using Replay AV for three years with no problems, but now it's become a nuisance for me.

Hope you have better luck than I did at finding a solution.