Thread: Replay Video Capture + DirecTV2PC problems

Default Replay Video Capture + DirecTV2PC problems

Anyone here successfully used RVC to capture video played on DirecTV2PC? I have tinkered with it for nearly an hour and cannot seem to get anything but audio and a black screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd love to buy this program but I want to make sure its going to do what I need before doing so.

Regards.

Default Re: Replay Video Capture + DirecTV2PC problems

i have never tried it that way but i think it would be pretty interesting to know if someone here already did that.

Sorry I don't have a solution, just more fuel for the fire. I tried recording with RVC and Directv2pc and I just get the black screen on the replay. I noticed the troubleshooting guide says when this happens to turn off hardware acceleration. So, I tried that and then Directv2pc refuses to start saying that protection is turned off. So, catch22. I was really excited when the directv2pc came out because I was thinking about trying slingbox to send video to my pc and save it. Especially if you pay for a movie and want to watch it some other time. There really should be a way to make this work, but I haven't been able to do it. I've tried a bunch of settings like 5 fps and 1000 bit and all that and nothing. Man, I hate it when things don't work.

I have same story.. can record audio but no video from Diectv2pc... I started a new thread 6/13/10 as could find nothing when I searched.
    If anyone knows how to make this work, please reply. Does Applian monitor this forum!

Applian only sells the program, you gotta make it work. I have never seen a direct answer from them.

Unfortunately, I don't have DirecTV2PC - nor do I feel like paying for a subscription for it. :-)

What type of Media Player does DirecTV2PC use, and is there options to use other media players for playback with it?

Thanks
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Directv2pc uses its own player. I haven't been able to get it to work with RMC 4 or RVC.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstmanonmars View Post
    Directv2pc uses its own player. I haven't been able to get it to work with RMC 4 or RVC.
    Hmm, if it's a proprietary player (their own and nobody elses) chances are they made it that way for a reason, and it's not a standard recording format such as flv or rtmp. I think you'll need to use Replay Video Capture for this one - have you tried it yet?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob740 View Post
    Applian only sells the program, you gotta make it work. I have never seen a direct answer from them.
    Hey Bob - I hope my answer was satisfactory! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Replay Video Capture + DirecTV2PC problems

While watching a replay on my computer, I tried to capture Directv2pc with Replay Video Capture and do edits (remove unwanted stuff). The only thing that is copied by RVC is the audio and no video. Any idea why? What can i do to make a good copy?

Try to go to the graphics card settings and disable hardware acceleration. It should work, unless they use some kind of protection.