Thread: RMC does not record

Default RMC does not record

Hi,

I have seen others with this problem but no solutions. RMC no longer records. I have uninstalled, cleaned the registry etc. RMC 3.11 no longer works. I have been a user since version 2 and never had anything like this until a month ago. Do Applian have no idea ass to the cause? Are there other apps that when installed stop RMC from working?

Anybody know of another product that does what RMC did? I am tired of trying to work throught the "video history" or "Record Sound" option (which does not always work either).

Reinstalls usually let it work once or twice, then it stops again.

One of my favourite programmes is in danger of being consigned to history.

Default Re: RMC does not record

is this problem occuring on only one capture site? or with everything?

Well, I turned off the firewall and it now seems to work of a sort. Strange as this firewall has been in use all the time I have been using RMC and worked fine with it before. However, before this complete clean and reinstall, I am sure RMC was not working properly even with this firewall switched off.

Firewall is Kerio.

Nemonik,

If your operating system is Vista 64-bit, I found that turning off the User Account Control got me up and running. Prior to that, the only way I knew anything was working was clicking the Video History.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemonik View Post
    Well, I turned off the firewall and it now seems to work of a sort. Strange as this firewall has been in use all the time I have been using RMC and worked fine with it before. However, before this complete clean and reinstall, I am sure RMC was not working properly even with this firewall switched off.

Firewall is Kerio.
    oh. good to know you figured that one out already.

I¡m unable to record BBC programmes on iplayer. I've got RMC, version 3.11. What shall I do?

jbuera

I also have 3.11 and having trouble recording from Rhapsody - it works with some songs/albums but not all. firewall is off.