Thread: Can Media Catcher download live chat streams from tinychat

Default Can Media Catcher download live chat streams from tinychat

Hi, I just downloaded RMC because I was wondering if there is a way to download tinychat streams, seeing as jaksta is capable of doing it?

Default Re: download tinychat streams

Replay Video Capture is the best program for recording live chat sites.

Default Re: Can Media Catcher download live chat streams from tinychat

Thanks for the link given by you because this site looks reliable for me to record.

I ran a couple of tests myself using Replay Video Capture on Tinychat to see if what you say is true, and the "green selection box" highlights the whole browser window contents. When recorded, webcams show up as stills, or black.

I readjusted the selection area too, to be over just the webcam and it just recorded black nothing.

I did a quick test with the regular Replay Media Capture and that tried to capture the streams but couldn't connect to them, leaving just the red "!".

Will there be an update to the software to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasairfion View Post
    I ran a couple of tests myself using Replay Video Capture on Tinychat to see if what you say is true, and the "green selection box" highlights the whole browser window contents. When recorded, webcams show up as stills, or black.

I readjusted the selection area too, to be over just the webcam and it just recorded black nothing.
    Just tried to record with Replay Video Capture. It works fine for me. What OS do you have? What video compression do you use?

Smile Re: Can Media Catcher download live chat streams from tinychat

I did a quick test with the regular Replay Media Capture and that tried to capture the streams but couldn't connect to them, leaving just the red "!".

Will there be an update to the software to fix this?
    I just came back from using Replay Video Capture on TinyChat, and it worked PERFECTLY for me. My operating system is Windows VISTA Home Premium, 32 bit with duo core processors. I could record all the chat screens at once, or re-size the "get area" for only one chat window.

I figured out what the issue was. It doesn't mention it anywhere in the instructions, but there seem to be issues when running dual screens. It doesn't seem to like recording on the secondary monitor it seems.

Also the problem of it freezing was actually down to WinAMP. I used VLC Media Player and playback works fine once it has been recorded.

So Replay Video Capture does capture Tinychat.

I figured out what the issue was. It doesn't mention it anywhere in the instructions, but there seem to be issues when running dual screens. It doesn't seem to like recording on the secondary monitor it seems.

Also the problem of it freezing was actually down to WinAMP. I used VLC Media Player and playback works fine once it has been recorded.

So Replay Video Capture does capture Tinychat.
    Glad you got it working! Unfortunately, dual monitor recording does not yet work with RVC - however we've brought it up to the programmer a time or two before.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.