Thread: A pain in Beta 3.0 converter

Default A pain in Beta 3.0 converter

Either I am missing something or else this is just a pain.
    I have to start off with "convert to a video" file but I really want to burn it.
    I am trying to flip a video in the new converter and it says "if a change has been made in the settings, make sure to change the format name accordingly. Continue Editing?
    Then I get a yes or no. So I hit yes. IF I have not added something else to the name above, it won't let me get past this screen. I am leaving all of the settings as the default.

Then after this I then click on burn to a DVD-NTSC and click go.

The video is only 3 1/2 minutes long.

Then the next screen comes up so I choose SPTI. I then just click on next and it goes to the burning screen, it gets to 90% and hangs for awhite, after 2 minutes it says "your disc burn was unsuccessful."

So what am I doing wrong? And why do I have to change the name.

I tried one more time with test mode and it seems to have worked.
    I did change it to MPEG2 this time
    I then took the disc out and put it into the DVD player and it does not play.

It won't play on the computer either.

Make sure you are using a DVD format that works with both your computer and your DVD Player. As an example make sure you use a + if that is what your computer requires. Most computers do use both but just in case.

To burn a DVD with the new version.

Add the file
    Select Burn to DVD-NTSC
    Select Go

it will automatically convert the file to the format you need without doing anything and then go through the dialog boxes and you will have a good DVD. At the end-around 95 percent-it seems to take forever but be patient and it finished right away for you.

If you still have a problem let us know in tech support so we can take a look at your log file. Thanks.

As far as the editing that is done so if you customize something you are able to know what it is and even keep it if it is a setting that you like to use all the time.

I had to flip the file so I thought I had to do the video file first.

If I understand what you are saying is just go straight to the burn format. Yes I am using +R and both use the same format.

Susi

I did all of that, burned it one more time, that makes about 15 or so wasted DVD's all +R.

It says it recorded successfully. I took the disk out, over to my dvd player +R on my TV set. Says format unknown.

Brought the DVD back to my computer and looked at the disk in the drive. It shows me nothing in the drive. I did just change out the drive as I thought maybe my old drive was bad.

Disk shows me 0 bytes when I do properties. Nothing shows on the drive. I have tried using the format in avi and also in FLV for my recording. I give up. It works just fine on a usb memory stick.

Hi

If you want us to test your particular file for us please contact tech support. We would want to see your burn log and also have you send us the file via a different means. At this point the forum is not going to be able to assist with this-

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Hi Susi,

You mentioned that you have the "Test" mode checked in your DVD settings. The "Test" mode will not burn anything on your DVD, it is just used to see if all the settings are compatible to your DVD burner. Please uncheck the Test mode check box in the DVD settings and try burning another DVD.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.