Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can't record from sound card with Replay AV in Windows 7: Missing Driver

Default Re: can't record from sound card with Replay AV in Windows 7: Missing Driver

I seem to be experiencing same problem. Tried all the above. UAC is at the lowest poiont on the slider. Is there any difference between Win7 32bit and 64bit? I am on 64.

Default Re: can't record from sound card with Replay AV in Windows 7: Missing Driver

What browser are you using for your DEFAULT. Try it with Firefox and see if that works for you.

I always use Firefox as default. I did manage to record something but only on Replay Media Catcher, Audio Recorder facility. It never works with A/V.

I'm have the same problem here as trevorhackett (Win 7, UAC off). Followed all previously-mentioned steps. Replay Audio Driver doesnt capture sound; when select "Master Volume" will capture in "record audio from speakers" (in stereo, not mono) but levels have to be set really low (5 out of 100) on "Stereo Mix" recording option for my soundcard to avoid overloading. Has this been addressed? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorhackett View Post
    Same problem for me - win 7, uac disabled, latest clean install of 'replay AV'. It mysteriously solved itself!

'record' / 'record audio from speakers' menu option / recording tab / 'test methods' generates a noise and then shows a dialogue box stating 'no sound was detected on any available Audio Recording Method for this sound card: Microphone (Realtek High Defini.'

Second test yields the dialogue box 'Use one of these Audio Recording Methods (mono only): Master Volume'

Then successfully recorded from speaker output. Go figure....

Trevor.

Pleale submit a ticket to tech support if you continue to have an issue. We would need to know what browser, what link, what version of windows, and have a log file.

I'm on Replay Music 4.40B and can only use the "Windows Audio Driver" to record on a Lenovo x61 on Windows 7. After recording the audio is unusable. The sound is distorted. Is there a fix for this planned? It seems that all applian products have issues with Windows 7 from these forum messages.

Smile Re: can't record from sound card with Replay AV in Windows 7: Missing Driver - FIXED

OK - I submitted a trouble ticket on this and Cheryl responded and asked me to use Internet Explorer and tried to record from speaker again, using Replay driver - it worked!! I had been using Google Chrome, which worked in Win XP, but apparently doesn't in Win 7. Anyway, when I switched to Internet Explorer (I'm using 9.08) it worked just like it did in XP. So maybe it's a problem with Chrome, not Win 7? Anyway, thanks to Cheryl in Support for the suggestion......