Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is the only output asf

I've tried multiple converters. Perhaps there is an error in the creation and indexing of the asf file by At-Large?

what i usually do is convert the files to wmv with windows media encoder and use something like tmpg encoder to convert to avi or any other format. i think theres a way to do avis in windows media encoder, but i havent looked into it.

Thanks for the input. I tried WM Encoder 9 to .wmv and I get an audio codec error with each of the .asf files that I have recorded with At-Large. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I tried WM Encoder 9 to .wmv and I get an audio codec error with each of the .asf files that I have recorded with At-Large. Any suggestions?
    markymark69,
    If you want to contact me on http://www.make-this-work.com/blog/
    Use the "Contact Us" link. Maybe you can send me the file and I can see what's up and help.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

The latest version of Replay Converter, version 3.11 can now convert .asf files from At-Large Recorder correctly now. There is a new "Troubleshoot" feature in Replay Converter which can be activated by right clicking on the .asf file in the source list in Replay Converter. Once the .asf file is marked as "TShoot" in the status column, then click the "Go" button to convert the .asf file to the format you wish.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Christensen View Post
    The latest version of Replay Converter, version 3.11 can now convert .asf files from At-Large Recorder correctly now. There is a new "Troubleshoot" feature in Replay Converter which can be activated by right clicking on the .asf file in the source list in Replay Converter. Once the .asf file is marked as "TShoot" in the status column, then click the "Go" button to convert the .asf file to the format you wish.

Best regards,
    Still doesn't work for me. I used the demo version* of At-Large Recorder and downloaded the RC 3.11. Followed instructions, rebooted machine and then tried to convert a 3-minute video to iPod format. Video frame refreshes every 5-10 seconds or so - audio sounds great.

Is there anywhere I can upload a log file or something to see the problem I'm experiencing. Other users having the same issue?

*Won't purhcase until I know I can convert to iPod with my Replay Capture Suite.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by jss92 View Post
    Still doesn't work for me. I used the demo version* of At-Large Recorder and downloaded the RC 3.11. Followed instructions, rebooted machine and then tried to convert a 3-minute video to iPod format. Video frame refreshes every 5-10 seconds or so - audio sounds great.

Is there anywhere I can upload a log file or something to see the problem I'm experiencing. Other users having the same issue?

*Won't purhcase until I know I can convert to iPod with my Replay Capture Suite.
    Hi,

Yeah, we found a bug using the "Troubleshoot" feature when converting to an iPod target format. The other formats should work. But the bug has been squashed and a new version of Replay Converter is coming out with this fix probably tomorrow.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

I just downloaded the 3.1 update to the replay converter. I am still having the same problems as reported earlier in the thread. I just can't get it on my i touch. Audio is great but the frame refresh is slow resulting in a slideshow appearance. Video was recorded from at large recorder in asf format. I tried renaming to wmv.....no change. Any suggestions or tweaks I can do? I am using Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Christensen View Post
    Hi,

Yeah, we found a bug using the "Troubleshoot" feature when converting to an iPod target format. The other formats should work. But the bug has been squashed and a new version of Replay Converter is coming out with this fix probably tomorrow.

Best regards,
    Whoops....didn't see your post before I posted. I will wait for the fix. Sounds like you guys are working on it. I do love your software and when I can actually put my at large recording into my i touch.....life will be good. Thanks for all you do.

Default Time to update At Large?

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    I've tried multiple converters. Perhaps there is an error in the creation and indexing of the asf file by At-Large?
    I agree. I have tried other converters as well and get similar results. It may be an indexing issue.

Also there is new slingbox update that doesn't work with current At large version. Thank goodness I checked with this forum before updating or my slingbox would not have worked.

By the way.....still waiting for the ipod bug fix.. ............I tried 3.11 again and it still won't convert to ipod without the choppy freeze frame effect.