View Poll Results: Will you use software promoted by spam?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • Yes, but I will try it before buying

0 0%
  • May be

0 0%
  • Never

0 0%
  • Never, because I don't want to see more spam

7 100.00%

Thread: Hall of shame: List of spammers and How to deal with spam in the forum

Default Hall of shame: List of spammers and How to deal with spam in the forum

The following software vendors have posted spam messages in our forums (as well as on many other web-sites):
    • W.o.n.d.e.r.s.h.a.r.e
    • i.S.k.y.s.o.f.t
    • 4.v.i.d.e.o.s.o.f.t
    • A.i.s.e.e.s.o.f.t
    • N.i.d.e.s.o.f.t
    • P.a.v.t.u.b.e
    • C.u.c.u.s.o.f.t
    • A.i.m.e.r.s.o.f.t
    • S.h.i.n.e
    • X.i.l.i.s.o.f.t
    • I.m.T.O.O
    • X.l.i.n.k.s.o.f.t
    • T.i.p.a.r.d
    • T.a.n.b.e.e

The following web-sites have posted spam messages in our forums (as well as on many other web-sites):
    • top seven reviews.com
    • mac soft reviews.com

Will you support spammers and buy software from them? Do you trust software promoted by spam? What should we do with forum posts created by spammers?

Default Re: Hall of shame: List of spammers and How to deal with spam in the forum

spammers as they say are the "laziest advertisers". of course, i do not support them. they just pop up everywhere. they really could not be trusted i guess.

thank you for this list by the way.

Default Re: Hall of shame: List of spammers and How to deal with spam in the forum

Um...Delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Um...Delete it?
    I tried that in my forum. But they were posting spam anyway. Even when all posts were moderated so nobody besides a moderator could read the post, they were still registering in the forum and posting spam (I knew for sure that it wasn't done by a software).

I was really tired to delete post from the same companies over and over again. Most of the spam posts were about video converters / dvd rippers that are produced by 2-3 companies and then are distributed by under different names. What really helped me was converting spam posts into negative reviews by editing them manually. Many spammers were mad about it and asked to remove such threads. They were lying that their affiliates posted spam, although those affiliates were so generous at posting direct links without getting any commission .

I usually delete spam posts if they only do it 1-2 times. But if spammers continue to promote their crud, I do think they deserve negative reviews. Although it will be inappropriate for Applian to do the same in the forums.

New spammers in the forum
    • F.u.n.i.a
    • A.n.e.e.s.o.f.t

Well, actually this is the same soft offered by the companies mentioned above, but under different names. The more you buy software from them, the more offers will appear.

Let natural selection deal with consuming and production of spam. Hopefully as people mature in the ways of the online world there will be less susceptibility to spam and it will be weeded out of ad campaigns. As for people who fall victim, they must either learn from it or fall to the wayside.

Forum moderators have different obligations than we, the audience. My impression is that you have and continue to delete spam in a timely manner.

So, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Will you support spammers and buy software from them? Do you trust software promoted by spam? What should we do with forum posts created by spammers?
    No, not since I got a trojan, and delete it!