Thread: Walkman Woes: What profile to use when converting videos with Replay Converter

Default Walkman Woes: What profile to use when converting videos with Replay Converter

I'm trying to convert video files to play on my Walkman, but so far I haven't been able to find a Target Format in Replay Converter that works. According to Sony,

WALKMAN supports the use of .mp4 video files that are QVGA size (320x240) and conform to these profiles: MPEG4-Simple Profile, AVC Baseline Profile v1.2, v1.3.

Does this match any of the formats supported by RC? I've tried a few of the many mp4 flavours listed, but the trial-and-error approach hasn't worked out so far, and it's taking forever.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Default Re: Walkman Woes

Hi,

Have you tried converting using the PSP (MPEG-4) target format in Replay Converter?

Regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

Default Re: Walkman Woes: What profile to use when converting videos with Replay Converter

I did try PSP. No luck.

Eventually I got it to work by copying the "iPod Video High Quality" format, renaming it "Walkman," and changing the frame size to 320x240. Don't know if that's the best way to do it, but it seemed to do the trick.

Default Re: Walkman Woes: What profile to use when converting videos with Replay Converter

good to hear you were able to solve it.

in my case, everytime i do have to convert to mp4, i always make sure that I use the iPod setting also. always works for me.