Thread: Scheduling Captures

Default Scheduling Captures

I would like to be able to schedule captures that have been set up via the URL finder. This would allow me to run the captures during the night when bandwidth is cheaper. This may not be a problem for first world all-you-can-eat broadband users but it is a serious one for us in the Third World. Does anyone else have the same requirement? The idea would be to create a batch of captures which could be initiated at a pre-determined time.

Default Re: Scheduling Captures

steam-recorder gave the link.. i am actually at a Third World country right now but i am having no problems with the internet ever since I got here.

Stream-recorder: The link is a bit general. I'm not sure what you are referring to. It's no problem to schedule a recording which is set to record from the audio card at a particular time. What does not seem to be possible is to set up a capture from url and run it at a time of one's own choosing rather than immediately. If I'm missing it please point me to the specific reference.

Carlobee - the problem with the internet here in South Africa is that we have limited, expensive bandwidth during the day and cheaper, sometimes free bandwidth in the middle of the night.

The guide mentioned above describes a scheduling feature as well. It doesn't matter whether you download a podcast, download a stream or record from sound card, you can schedule all these tasks.

The only problem is that some stream URLs change or expire very quickly, so you can't download such streams on schedule.