Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Converting Hulu 480p FLVs??

Im glad im not the only one having this issue. Thought it was just me being an idiot there for a while hehe.

Yep, same issue here. I've noticed that the 480 versions don't seem to be much larger than the standard res flvs. It's almost as if the high res flvs aren't the entire video, just the extra data needed to make it high-res. (This coming from somebody who knows nothing about encoding flv files).
    Using Super C to convert, the file errors out.
    Using Moyea FLV to Video pro, I receive the error "height or width = 0"
    I'm going to try to download and use applian's converter soon.
    Last edited by rjames; 08-04-2008 at 08:41 PM.

At the present time our program can't convert the hi res from Hulu. Our developer is aware of this issue and is looking into it. At the present time it is a new type of file and that is where the issue is. As has been noted other converters are not able to convert this either due to the new file format.

Rats, I was really hoping someone there might hold the key to solving this mystery! Oh well, if anyone else comes up with anything in the meantime, please post your findings here!

Well, its not exactly a solution, but i have found another player that will play the files. Its called FLV Player froma company called Moyea. The only reason i mention this is because the videos seem to play much more smoothly on this player than the applian player. Also, they make a converter, but for some reason when i try to use it, i get a strange error saying that the "Width or Height is 0". I sent them an email but i havent gotten a response as of yet. Its nice that the converter actually recognizes the files as being FLVs, and if it were not for this error, it might do the trick. I havent tried any other Hulu videos, only the ATWT episodes i have, so you might want to give it a try if you have other videos from hulu other than these.

Quote Originally Posted by kurganxy View Post
    FLV Player from a company called Moyea . . . Also, they make a converter, but for some reason when i try to use it, i get a strange error saying that the "Width or Height is 0".
    Me too. Moyea converter works on standard Hulu. Later they will release a new converter on 8 August. Give it a try. You post this question about Hulu AWT everywhere. You must be one big fan.

You have a correct answer in the thread who said some software and Matroska to set the framerate. You said you could not find the software version. You question the torrents maker. That thread. If you look for that software as much as you post this question you would have converted many files by today.

There are some audio/video synchronization issues with the 480p FLVs as well.. it's Media Catcher's fault, but I think I have a work-around to get them syncing better.

If you have the new beta of Media Catcher (released today -- 8/5), it will automatically update the plug-ins which are geared to downloading these files.. so you will get the fix as soon as it's posted.

-andy.

Default FIX FOR THIS!! Fixes the file-length problem.

Support,

This utility seems to clear up the problem if you use the /k (keep keyframes). You can process entire folders with it using the friendly gui interface. This fixes the progress bar issue, but the time is artificially longer than it really should be.

Questions... let me know.

http://www.buraks.com/flvmdi/

I have no idea what any of that means, but I hope it helps make the Applian converter work on these files.

Exclamation To answer your question... HOW you can use this utility.

This utility can be used on the file that the current version of media catcher creates. aka.... hulu - addams family.flv.

You can download several of these files in to the same directory and then choose an output directory (be sure to download the GUI interface as well as the other EXE). The utility will let you fix the issues where:

If you try to play this file in EITHER Adobe Media Player or RealPlayer it will not be seekable to the end and in Real will end prematurely.

This utility will fix the problem with the files because it fixes the METADATA information contained in the header for these files and they will remain seekable provided you use the /K (keep Keyframes option). Hope this helps... I scoured the internet to try to figure a way to fix these 480p download files so they are playable (unfortunately, they are still not convertable), but they look GREAT and play without problems if you have the CPU (2.0 ghz or better - dual preferred and a GOOD ATI card)...

I would STRONGLY suggest using Adobe Media player or Real Player Ver 11 to play these files as it does a very nice job (FLV Player is choppy on the tests I ran on it using the same Machine).

NOTE: SUPER can also play SOME of these files (but not all of them as some have A/V sync issues).