Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Converting Hulu 480p FLVs??

Default Converting Hulu 480p FLVs??

Does anyone know a way to convert the Hulu 480p FLV videos? Ive tried everything i can think of including the applian converter and nothing. It seems to be in some new format or something, as i can convert the 360p FLVs just fine, but the 480p will only play on the applian flv player and nothing else. Any ideas?

Im trying to get as the world turns BTW. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I will take a look at this... thanks for the heads up

-andy.
    Last edited by Andy Heinlein; 08-01-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post
    I will take a look at this...
    Thank you, Andy.

Consider this a bump to the priority - I'd love to be able to send my 87 year old grandpa some of the shows he likes to watch that are higher quality (480p.)

Don't let grandpa down... hehhehehe

Thank God someone else asked this question. I've been scouring the web all week trying to find something that works. I have tried about 15 different video conversion programs and nothing works. It plays just fine in Applian's FLV player, but won't play on any of my other players, so that leads me to believe the other players aren't registering the codec Applian is using.

Eager to see what you guys come up with!

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Please try out latest beta version of Replay Converter to convert the FLV file. You can try out this version from here: http://applian.com/replay-converter/demo.php

Let us know the results.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

When trying to convert a High-res Hulu video with Replay Converter beta linked above, the video output I received was a ten second movie. A black screen with a static red-letter message:

"Direct Show Source: Could not open as video or audio No combination of filters could be found to render the stream"
    "Video returned:" filename "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream"
    "Audio returned:" filename "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream"

(%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application data\something.avs)

This was for June 24 Daily Show saved with Replay Media Catcher 3.0beta. The FLV seems valid and plays all the way through with RCAT 3.0beta's included FLV player.
    I'll try on some other Hulu 480p FLV's downloaded with other tools if I get the chance. RCAT registartion br0ke so am hunting other downloaders.

I have the same problem, it says DirectShow cannot open the file, therefore the item cannot be converted.

According to the Applian FLV Player, the audio codec is MP4A AAC, and the video codec is avc1/H264.

Don't know if that helps...

Zanefan... Could you give me the URL you are trying to record from?

thanks...
    -andy.

Andy,

Go to http://www.hulu.com/another-world

Click on any of the episodes and, after the episode starts playing, click the "show 480p" link on the right hand side of the screen.

The catcher should show two files downloading; one a standard flash, the other an H264 flash (the higher quality item.)

The standard flash file can be converted fine, but the problems we are having are with the higher quality files.

The file name should look something like this:

HuluTranscode_30060_H_264_1Mbps_4x3_29_97__lRVqttI 6+U+MwKfJm5p6Yw.flv_D33AC870.flv

wonderful.. thank you for the detailed directions. I was about to say "i get it in the old format just fine"

I will check this out...

-andy.