Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting Hulu 480p FLVs??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Converting Hulu 480p FLVs??

Does anyone know a way to convert the Hulu 480p FLV videos? Ive tried everything i can think of including the applian converter and nothing. It seems to be in some new format or something, as i can convert the 360p FLVs just fine, but the 480p will only play on the applian flv player and nothing else. Any ideas?

Im trying to get as the world turns BTW. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I will take a look at this... thanks for the heads up

-andy.
    Last edited by Andy Heinlein; 08-01-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Heinlein View Post
    I will take a look at this...
    Thank you, Andy.

Consider this a bump to the priority - I'd love to be able to send my 87 year old grandpa some of the shows he likes to watch that are higher quality (480p.)

Don't let grandpa down... hehhehehe

Thank God someone else asked this question. I've been scouring the web all week trying to find something that works. I have tried about 15 different video conversion programs and nothing works. It plays just fine in Applian's FLV player, but won't play on any of my other players, so that leads me to believe the other players aren't registering the codec Applian is using.

Eager to see what you guys come up with!

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Please try out latest beta version of Replay Converter to convert the FLV file. You can try out this version from here: http://applian.com/replay-converter/demo.php

Let us know the results.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

When trying to convert a High-res Hulu video with Replay Converter beta linked above, the video output I received was a ten second movie. A black screen with a static red-letter message:

"Direct Show Source: Could not open as video or audio No combination of filters could be found to render the stream"
    "Video returned:" filename "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream"
    "Audio returned:" filename "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream"

(%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application data\something.avs)

This was for June 24 Daily Show saved with Replay Media Catcher 3.0beta. The FLV seems valid and plays all the way through with RCAT 3.0beta's included FLV player.
    I'll try on some other Hulu 480p FLV's downloaded with other tools if I get the chance. RCAT registartion br0ke so am hunting other downloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by kurganxy View Post
    FLV Player from a company called Moyea . . . Also, they make a converter, but for some reason when i try to use it, i get a strange error saying that the "Width or Height is 0".
    Me too. Moyea converter works on standard Hulu. Later they will release a new converter on 8 August. Give it a try. You post this question about Hulu AWT everywhere. You must be one big fan.

You have a correct answer in the thread who said some software and Matroska to set the framerate. You said you could not find the software version. You question the torrents maker. That thread. If you look for that software as much as you post this question you would have converted many files by today.

There are some audio/video synchronization issues with the 480p FLVs as well.. it's Media Catcher's fault, but I think I have a work-around to get them syncing better.

If you have the new beta of Media Catcher (released today -- 8/5), it will automatically update the plug-ins which are geared to downloading these files.. so you will get the fix as soon as it's posted.

-andy.

Default FIX FOR THIS!! Fixes the file-length problem.

Support,

This utility seems to clear up the problem if you use the /k (keep keyframes). You can process entire folders with it using the friendly gui interface. This fixes the progress bar issue, but the time is artificially longer than it really should be.

Questions... let me know.

http://www.buraks.com/flvmdi/

I have no idea what any of that means, but I hope it helps make the Applian converter work on these files.