Thread: Spotify and Demo limits: after each track change Replay Music hangs/freezes

Default Spotify and Demo limits: after each track change Replay Music hangs/freezes

Hi

I'm considering buy Replay Music. It looks like a intuitive and interesting product. But I have one question before upgrading from Demo. I'm trying to record a few tracks from Spotify (free version with commercials) but after each track change Replay Music hangs/freezes. This could be because it is a demo version but I guess it could be handled more nice. So what are the limitations of the demo and will the hangs go away if I upgrade?

Regards

Default Re: Spotify and Demo limits: after each track change Replay Music hangs/freezes

Default Re: Spotify and Demo limits: after each track change Replay Music hangs/freezes

The symptoms sounds very much a like but I don't know how and what to exclude. I don't have genpuid.exe file on my computer. Is some domain or port I need to exclude. I use Kaspersky if you know details on how to do it in that application.

genpuid.exe is used by Replay Music and Replay Media Catcher. When you start searching for it on your computer, you can't find it. Every time it is used my firewall shows a different path for that. Both programs create a temporary folder before launching it.

Kaspersky has different products and different versions of their products. Try to disable your firewall temporarily and see whether it helps or not.

Yup, that worked. Now what? I don't want to purchase a product that won't let me use my virus protection at the same time.

Now you need to set up Kaspersky (what program exactly do you use?) to allow genpuid to access Internet.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 version 8.0.0.506

I know there is a possibility to exclude ports from the network security but I haven't found any way to allow an exe-file on internet.

If you can't find how to do it in the user guide, please submit a support request to Kaspersky