Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freecorder audio recorder creates many small files

Default Re: Freecorder toolbar breaking up files

I couldn't agree more, Ron77. I have switched to SoundTap, which I have set to wait for a silence of ten seconds or more to stop recording, and it does the job. And it works without a Soundcard on the computer, which I needed. Hopefully, if people switch, it'll give Freecorder developers the kick up the arse they really shouldn't need.

Quote Originally Posted by james_in_snow View Post
    I couldn't agree more, Ron77. I have switched to SoundTap, which I have set to wait for a silence of ten seconds or more to stop recording, and it does the job. And it works without a Soundcard on the computer, which I needed. Hopefully, if people switch, it'll give Freecorder developers the kick up the arse they really shouldn't need.
    I am going to try sountap. The no soundcard feature is also good for me since I play poker and I use a second smaller desktop computer to record my shows, and don't want poker sounds intermixed with the show. Now I can use an even smaller desktop without a soundcard (I guess it can simulate a virtual soundcard)

Just dealing with 4800 files is such a pain. Just deleting the files is getting tedius. I'd need something like unix or linux to join these thousands of file fragments all together. It's obvious from reading the last few pages that everybody else has this problem. Even worse, it looks like you INTRODUCED this problem into 4 in order to get people to BUY your new product??

Why not have it to where it NEVER turns off until you click STOP? No fancy crap please?

EDIT: ARGH is that product also pay now? This is getting ridiculous. I'll have to figure out how to setup Linux to do this. Surely Linux can do this right? (haven't f'd with it in a number of years)

Or am I going to have to go oldschool and plug the output of computer A's soundcard into the input of computer B's souncard?

Does anyone know if the problem of many small files has been fixed in Freecorder 5?
    I am tired of wasting time with the small files that Freecorder 4 sometimes delivers.
    In addition, in about one of three recording sessions, Freecorder 4 just shuts down completely (freezes) when I press "Stop recording".
    Is there any guarantee that these problems will not be encountered in "Replay Music" or the A/V model? Thanks for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Is there any guarantee that these problems will not be encountered in "Replay Music" or the A/V model?
    There is no such a problem is Replay Music and Replay AV. You can see their forums to make sure.
    Anyway you can test a demo version first. And you have a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.