I have a recurring problem, that when I am capturing a flash audio stream (rtmp), the app is unable to rename the temporary file. That wouldn't be a problem, as I can manually rename it, or convert it with no problem.

The problem is that the program deletes the temporary file, if it cannot rename it. There's nothing wrong with the file...until it deletes it (and it's not in the wastebasket). A typical scenario would be that I am recording an 8 hour cricket commentary, the play ends a few minutes early, they stop the stream, Media Catcher tries to rename it, can't and deletes it. 8 hours of perfectly good cricket commentary is gone.

As a work around I have started copying the temporary file, while it's recording, and that works fine. It's very impractical though and makes the program nearly unusable for me. I've looked in the registry and in the program directory and don't see anything like "discard partial downloads", or not. The deleted files don't show up on "undelete" either. I also tried unchecking the "rename files" option, which is no help either.