Thread: FLAC Files

Question FLAC Files

Is there an Applian tool that will allow the conversion of FLAC files (playable using the VLC Player) to the MP3 format. I have found documentation that suggests that WinAmp can do this in a two step process:

FLAC --> WAV --> MP3

I would prefer to use an Applian product, if it were available.

Thank you for any help that can be provided.

Floyd

Coming very soon Floyd. I've been testing the newest version of Replay Converter the past 2 days which DOES include flac conversions.

I don't have an eta yet, but perhaps the developer will chime in here too with some more info.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Coming very soon Floyd. I've been testing the newest version of Replay Converter the past 2 days which DOES include flac conversions.

I don't have an eta yet, but perhaps the developer will chime in here too with some more info.
    Thanks - I will look forward to the update.

Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by floydj View Post
    Thanks - I will look forward to the update.

Floyd
    From what I can tell so far about this new version, it will be well worth the wait.

I know it converts TO flac format, but to be honest i'm not 100% sure if it converts FROM.

Where can I download a flac file to try this myself?
    Last edited by Jeff Lenney; 07-29-2008 at 11:13 PM.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    From what I can tell so far about this new version, it will be well worth the wait.

I know it converts TO flac format, but to be honest i'm not 100% sure if it converts FROM.

Where can I download a flac file to try this myself?
    Details are at "www.flac.org" - I do see that they have some kind of converter, but I have not downloaded it. I can e-mail a couple of sample files that play fine within the VLC Player.

Floyd

Here is the new version. Give it a try and see how you like it.

http://applian.com/replay-converter/demo.php
    Last edited by Cheryl Wester; 08-01-2008 at 06:52 PM.

[QUOTE=Cheryl Wester;1006]Here is the new version. Give it a try and see how you like it.

What is the version number and does this incorporate the fix for Vista? Any chance that you will post an internal beta for us?
    Last edited by Cheryl Wester; 08-01-2008 at 06:53 PM.

[quote=Cheryl Wester;1006]Here is the new version. Give it a try and see how you like it.

I am getting a "failed" message - I will attach the log file to the bottom of this message. I should note that file plays without problems in VLC Player. Thanks for any help you can give.

Floyd

================================================== =====

Wed Jul 30 10:07:07 PM
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:07 PM Attempting to convert...
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:09 PM The operation completed successfully.

Wed Jul 30 10:07:09 PM Converting R:\Music\SimonAndGarfunkel\Simon & Garfunkel - The Collection (2007) [FLAC] (oan)\Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M\01 - You Can Tell The World.flac to R:\Music\SimonAndGarfunkel\Simon & Garfunkel - The Collection (2007) [FLAC] (oan)\Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M\01 - You Can Tell The World.mp3
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM enable-libtheora --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --disable-ffserver --enable-avisynth --enable-pthreads --enable-shared --disable-static
    libavutil version: 49.6.0
    libavcodec version: 51.56.0
    libavformat version: 52.13.0
    libavdevice version:
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM 52.0.0
    built on may 11 2008 23:16:13, gcc: 4.2.3
    [mp3 @ 649c28ec]could not find codec parameters (audio: mp3, 56 kb/s)
    r:\music\simonandgarfunkel\simon & garfunkel - the collection (2007) [flac] (oan)\simon & garfunkel - wednesday morning, 3 a.m\01 -
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM you can tell the world.flac: could not find codec parameters

Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM You Can Tell The World.flac: could not find codec parameters

Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM Target file could not be created. R:\Music\SimonAndGarfunkel\Simon & Garfunkel - The Collection (2007) [FLAC] (oan)\Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M\01 - You Can Tell The World.mp3

Last edited by Cheryl Wester; 08-01-2008 at 06:53 PM.

At this point you need to contact tech support. Please give them an attachment of the log file and let them know what you are trying to do. You need more help than the forum can give you at this time.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

[QUOTE=floydj;1011]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Here is the new version. Give it a try and see how you like it.

I am getting a "failed" message - I will attach the log file to the bottom of this message. I should note that file plays without problems in VLC Player. Thanks for any help you can give.

Floyd

================================================== =====

Wed Jul 30 10:07:07 PM
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:07 PM Attempting to convert...
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:09 PM The operation completed successfully.

Wed Jul 30 10:07:09 PM Converting R:\Music\SimonAndGarfunkel\Simon & Garfunkel - The Collection (2007) [FLAC] (oan)\Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M\01 - You Can Tell The World.flac to R:\Music\SimonAndGarfunkel\Simon & Garfunkel - The Collection (2007) [FLAC] (oan)\Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M\01 - You Can Tell The World.mp3
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM enable-libtheora --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --disable-ffserver --enable-avisynth --enable-pthreads --enable-shared --disable-static
    libavutil version: 49.6.0
    libavcodec version: 51.56.0
    libavformat version: 52.13.0
    libavdevice version:
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM 52.0.0
    built on may 11 2008 23:16:13, gcc: 4.2.3
    [mp3 @ 649c28ec]could not find codec parameters (audio: mp3, 56 kb/s)
    r:\music\simonandgarfunkel\simon & garfunkel - the collection (2007) [flac] (oan)\simon & garfunkel - wednesday morning, 3 a.m\01 -
    Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM you can tell the world.flac: could not find codec parameters

Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM You Can Tell The World.flac: could not find codec parameters

Wed Jul 30 10:07:15 PM Target file could not be created. R:\Music\SimonAndGarfunkel\Simon & Garfunkel - The Collection (2007) [FLAC] (oan)\Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M\01 - You Can Tell The World.mp3

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for your log file. The new beta version of Replay Converter 3.0 is capable of converting to and from FLAC files. I'm not sure if you have the very latest beta version of Replay Converter 3.0. The very latest version came out August 1st. Please uninstall all earlier versions of Replay Converter, re-boot your computer, and then install the latest version which you can get from here: http://applian.com/replay-converter/demo.php

Let me know your results.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.