Thread: Replay AV Won't Capture SWF from Hulu, Comedy Central,...

Default Replay AV Won't Capture SWF from Hulu, Comedy Central,...

I am completely unable to capture swf files from sites at all. I have been trying for a long time and nothing will not even other software that I have tried. Is there anything that can successfully download swf from sites like HULU, Comedy Central etc. Thank you.

Default Re: Replay AV Won't Capture SWF

For Hulu you need to use Replay Video Capture. It works great on sites that you are not able to capture by stream capture. The same for Comedy Central.

Default Re: Replay AV Won't Capture SWF

yes. stream capture will not do for these sites that's why you will need Replay Video Capture.

Default Replay AV Won't Capture SWF from Hulu, Comedy Central,...

Hulu and Comedy Central offer secure RTMPE flash video .FLV streams.
    Replay AV can only download HTTP .flv streams. Replay Media Catcher can download HTTP and RTMP .flv streams.

Quote Originally Posted by carlobee View Post
    yes. stream capture will not do for these sites
    To be more correct RMC and Replay AV can't download/capture secure RTMPE streams:
    Adobe Secure RTMP Measures FAQ

Default Re: Replay AV Won't Capture SWF from Hulu, Comedy Central,...

Catcher (RMC) was 1000% better at capturing from sites such as Hulu and the likes while it lasted, but Capture (RVC) will do, even though it's more cumbersome to use (can't multitask and can only be done in real time).

My dilemma .... (perhaps someone can offer a suggestion?) ....
    How do you solve the buffering problem? It's annoying when picture freezes and buffering notices pop up when I attempt to capture with RVC.
    Is there a process to eliminate these streaming problems so so that I can get it to play "smoothly" from beginning to end?

Suggestions are appreciated.

Since the program is a screen capture program it is going to buffer. For small files you might let it play through one time and then try it again as it is already in your system then.

So in other words, it takes 2 hours to capture one 1-hr segment if it needs to be played completely before capturing can begin? ... can settings be adjusted to minimize buffering freeze? ..... sometimes they are so bad, it becomes annoying to watch clips.

It's a shame that this approach takes a significant of time given that multi-tasking can't be done while capturing is in process. I wish I had known this before getting the complete Applian package (not cheap) given that 'Catcher' is really the only tool that was efficient in this respect.

(Perhaps it should be asked on the appropriate thread) ... are there plans to upgrade Catcher, (or) are there other alternatives to capture RTMP .flv streams?

and..... are there plans or alternative options where RVC can be used while multi-tasking?

We are not updating Replay Media Catcher to capture these file formats. We are always working on improving the Video Capture program. it is a screen capture program so it is going to capture what it sees on your screen. If you make your screen smaller, 1/4 the size of the monitor, and use keep on top in Video Capture you might be successful in multi tasking.

Quote Originally Posted by VCN View Post
    So in other words, it takes 2 hours to capture one 1-hr segment if it needs to be played completely before capturing can begin? ... can settings be adjusted to minimize buffering freeze? ..... sometimes they are so bad, it becomes annoying to watch clips.

It's a shame that this approach takes a significant of time given that multi-tasking can't be done while capturing is in process. I wish I had known this before getting the complete Applian package (not cheap) given that 'Catcher' is really the only tool that was efficient in this respect.

(Perhaps it should be asked on the appropriate thread) ... are there plans to upgrade Catcher, (or) are there other alternatives to capture RTMP .flv streams?

and..... are there plans or alternative options where RVC can be used while multi-tasking?
    Replay Media Catcher won't be able to record secure RTMPE streams until Adobe will allow U.S. companies to develop such software. There is nothing Applian can do about it.

Screen capturing is very resource-intensive, so we need much more powerful computers before developers of screen capture software start implementing mutli-tasking features.