Thread: New WSB-AM radio link records as .FLV Video, but I need audio only

Default New WSB-AM radio link records as .FLV Video, but I need audio only

I put in a tech support request in this morning. WSB-AM upgraded their audio stream and broke the existing links to the station and talk shows. Evidently you guys updated the link. Now when I record, it saves as a .flv (vs .asf) and will play on your FLV player. But it's only a radio program. When I listen/watch the link from the radio's web site, they have a small advertisement window that from time to time has a video commercial. That may be cause of this, if I'm right in assuming .flv is for a a/v recording.

Can this be changed to an audio only link? I looked through the settings but could not see a way to only record the audio stream. I can convert and strip the file down but it is time comsuming.

I would have requested through email but never got a response back from my tech request, although I think it has been addressed.

Sorry if I'm causing confusion.
    Thanks so much for all the help

Default Re: New radio link records as Video

what video does it display? just a blank screen?

Default Re: New radio link records as Video

It's blank on the recording

Default Re: New WSB-AM radio link records as .FLV Video, but I need audio only

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    I put in a tech support request in this morning. WSB-AM upgraded their audio stream and broke the existing links to the station and talk shows. Evidently you guys updated the link. Now when I record, it saves as a .flv (vs .asf) and will play on your FLV player. But it's only a radio program. When I listen/watch the link from the radio's web site, they have a small advertisement window that from time to time has a video commercial. That may be cause of this, if I'm right in assuming .flv is for a a/v recording.

Can this be changed to an audio only link? I looked through the settings but could not see a way to only record the audio stream. I can convert and strip the file down but it is time comsuming.
    Many radio stations use FLV streams for their broadcasts, even if it is an audio only FLV stream.

Conversion is time consuming, so it would be useful to be able to launch an external application like FLV extract that can extract MP3 files from FLV files. Replay A/V should also support extraction of audio tracks from FLV files (Replay Media Catcher can do it, so it should be easy to add this feature).

Default Re: New WSB-AM radio link records as .FLV Video, but I need audio only

I record WSB almost every day (Neal Boortz). The link I use is below:

http://208.80.52.150/WSBAM?streamthe...=1258378578022

It does record in FLV format and then I have to use Replay Converter (comes free with Replay AV 8.x) to change to MP3.

This version of Replay is supposed to be able to automatically convert to MP3 but it crashes on me every time. Tech support has been -- zero -- help. The only thing I've gotten is "please upgrade" every time they have a new release.

In case you're interested, after a lot of trial and error, I set the splits to 7, 22, 36 and 53. Each segment starts just after he comes out of commercial. Works about 80% of the time.