Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standalone Version of Convertor doesn't work

Default Re: Standalone Version of Convertor doesn't work

very well said oldiesfan. i also prefer the ease, convenience and quality of Applian products that's why i prefer them over those that are distributed free on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by oldiesfan View Post
    This doesn't need a log file to fix. The problem is the file types that it does not convert from. If you check the supported audio file types that Replay Converter converts from you will see that it does not include ASF or flv files. The supported types are MP3, WAV, AAC [M4A], iPod/iPhone AUdiobook [M4B/AAC], OGG, WMA, FLAC and Real Audio [RA].
    Replay Converter can convert FLV and ASF files. And it can convert to FLV and WMV files.

If you have problems converting such files, I suggest you to provide a log file to the support, upload sample files that you can't convert or mention web-sites you record these files from.

Applian's documentation doesn't include FLV [Audio] as a supported file to convert audio from. It does for video. And it doesn't include ASF audio as a supported file to convert audio from.

Look here:

http://applian.com/replay-converter/

and here:

http://applian.com/flv-converter/

Have you converted FLV audio or ASF audio with the standalone version? It doesn't work for me. I have no trouble converting WAV, MP3 or WMA files. And, I can convert FLV audio and ASF audio files within Replay AV - the same exact files I cannot convert in the standalone version.

We have updated the program just today. Go ahead and update both your Converter and AV. Just download the AV program as it has both in it. Thanks.

I will try to convert FLV audio only files.

As for ASF files:
    Quote Originally Posted by MSDN
    The only difference between ASF files and WMV or WMA files are the file extensions and the MIME types. The MIME type for a WMV file is video/x-ms-wmv, and for WMA it is audio/x-ms-wma. The MIME type for ASF is video/x-ms-asf. The basic internal structure of the files is identical.
    so although it is not mentioned explicitly, ASF files are supported by Replay Converter.

Just downloaded audio only FLV file from KFI with Replay Media Catcher 3.11 and converted it to MP3 with Replay Converter 3.50. Please upload files you can't convert to a file sharing web-site like drop.io so that we can try to convert them.