Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replay AV8 & BBC radio programs

Default Replay AV8 & BBC radio programs

Until very recently, BBC archived radio programs used either WMP or Real Player to replay their programs. When using the Find URL feature of ReplayAV8 I was able to record a program. However, they have changed to using the BBC iPlayer and RAV does not pick up the URL ... has anybody encountered this problem & solved it? I know I can go back to Audio capture but I much prefer to use Stream capture.

Over to you guys & gals!!

They have changed the format and stream capture is not able to capture it. A suggestion is to use the Replay AV Audio Driver to capture it by using audio. Another suggestion is to try the Replay Media Catcher as it uses a different method of stream capturing.

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/

The Real streams are still there for all the shows but they're hard to find. The URL finder on Replay AV doesn't seem to pick up the stream address anymore, but if you already know it you can still use Replay AV for regular shows.

For example rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk:554/radio2/ross.ra will still pick up the latest Jonathan Ross show every week. I think they're going to keep the Real streams going for dial up and international users.

Smile Thanks

Thanks Cheryl & Netcaf - your solutions are noted and have been applied. I hope Applian incorporate any changes into their base Replay AV product.
    Happy listening!

Unhappy I wish I'd read this last week

I like to record BBC radio programmes to burn to CD and listen to in the car on the (lengthy) way to and from work. I had been using some free software but this could only record one programme at a time. I was told about Replay A/V and its ability to capture several programmes at once using stream capture rather than audio capture. Splendid, I thought. I won't need to have the PC on for so long to record all the programmes, thereby reducing my carbon footprint (good, eh!). So, after some research (though obviously not enough), a few days ago I purchased Replay A/V. I struggled for a couple of days to get stream capture to work with the BBC iPlayer but with no success. Then I read this thread. Darn it! I have discovered that it might be possible to use stream capture by switching on the Dial-up modem version option but this would seem to necessitate installing the hideously intrusive Real Player, which I would rather not do. Of course, as noted earlier in this thread, I can simply revert to using audio capture but that gives me no significant benefit over the free software I was previously using. Does anyone know of a way round this problem; are Applian likely to issue a fix in the near future; or should I be considering applying for the 30-day money back offer?

Install version 10.5 of Real Player instead of 11. It is not like 11 and my preferred format. It shouldn't bother you too much. http://oldversion.com

Default BBC & Stream Capture

It is still possible to use stream capture on BBC7, HOWEVER, on conversion to either a windows media or iPOD audio book format all the sound is stripped out - the only format that keeps the sound is RealPlayer and so it can't be transferred to an iPod. Has anyone else found a way around this?

If you have Real Player 11 installed on your system please uninstall it and use Real Player 10.5 or Real Alternative. We have found that Real Player 11 does conflict with our program. You are able to find the other files at http://www.oldversion.com. If that does not correct the issue please let me know. Thanks.

Smile

Thanks GCM

>>I have discovered that it might be possible to use stream capture by switching on the Dial-up modem version option<<

Thanks so much for the tip - why did I not think of this myself? I works like a dream.

JohnB

http://beebotron.timeforabrew.com/

This site links to Real streams of all the BBC radio shows.

It's good for the time being but hopefully Applian will come up with a fix for ripping the new flash radio streams from the iPlayer.

Also I've noticed the new Replay Media Catcher now also picks up the Real streams which is a great development.