Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot record in Vista

Default Cannot record in Vista

My os is Vista, sound card is SigmaTel HD Audio CODEC. I downloaded Replay Music 3. Problem is could not make any recording.
    I checked the following:
    Replay Music: Settling -> Input Source ->Audio Driver
    Windows Media Player -> Tools -> Plug-in ->Applan Audio Recorder Plugin 1.01, and RM plugin
    The sequence I did was:
    1) Start Replay Music recording
    2) Then start Window Media Player to play a MP3 music file
    While the music is being played (I can hear the music from the speaker), the Replay Music time counter and file size remain at zero, the sound waveform window is flat.
    I tried several time and unable to get any recording.
    Please help. Thanks very much. Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

This is for XP only:
    A lot of times the Sigma Tel sound card is missing some of the settings. If you would like to you can try this:

You can install the LG SigmaTel Drivers. This will restore the "stereo mix" line source:

--Follow this link: http://us.lgservice.com/
    --Click on: Product Support
    --Go to: Device Driver
    --In product, select “Notebook”
    --Type in a search for “Sigmatel”
    --Download and install the resulting file (the largest one).

This could very well be the problem with your XP machine. If you do decide to try this please do a system restore point prior to installing. I always do one before installing any software. Also, you will need to reinstall the program.

Let me know if that helps. :-)
    Last edited by Jeff Lenney; 07-28-2008 at 09:34 PM.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for your prompt response on Sunday.
    I tried following your link and downloaded the largest file. The driver is not compatible with my sound card, and there is no sound at all (using Window Media Player to play a MP3 file). Correction in your replay that my computer is a desktop PC running on Vista.
    I also downloaded the smaller filesize (28MB) for Vista in the same link, but still does not work.
    Then I search with Google and downloaded a few more, still does not work.
    Then I found a website with many drivers:
    http://www.radarsync.com/driver/d273...on_audio_codec
    I shall try a number of these drivers one at a time and hope to find the one which works and give me the "stereo mix" line.
    If anyone knows which of these driver can give me the "stereo mix" line, it would save me time to try one at a time.
    Also if you have other suggestions, it would be appreciated.
    Thanks very much, Andrew.

Oops-we missed that it was Vista. to record Replay Music with Vista you need to turn off the User Account Control.

Turn OFF User Account Control:

Open Control Panel
    Go to User Accounts
    Click on Turn User Account Control on or off
    Click continue to verify.
    De-Select the Use User Account Control (UAC)...
    Click OK
    Re-start your computer

That should get you up and running.

I turned off the UAC, and it still does not record !
    I double checked that the UAC is turned off, the Replay Music 3 input source is Audio Driver. From what I read, that is basically all the set up needed.
    For the sound card -> Recording: there is no stereo mix (and I cannot enable it too), but your document stated that Replay Music 3 does not need it.
    The sequence I tried recording is 1) Start up Replay Music 3, start recording
    2) Then use Windows Media Player to play a MP3 song.
    I can hear the song from the speaker, but the Replay Music 3 waveform is flat, Track Size is zero, Recording Time is zero.
    Please help - I really wanted to get it to work.

Is there any live person support (phone number) that I can call to walk me through to get this working ?
    I was not able to find the link to log in a customer service request ticket either.
    Thanks very much. Andrew.

At this point you need to contact customer support. Send a copy of your log file and they will be able to help you in more detail. Thanks.

Hello.

I'm having the same problem as Andrew.

Would installing a sound blaster card that has a stereo mix option resolve the issue? If so which card do you suggest?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Gary; 08-01-2008 at 05:36 AM.

The program is not dependent on your sound card. Vista has made it difficult to capture audio but if you have the UAC turned off using the directions posted earlier in this thread you should be able to. The exception is if it is DRM protected music. Then our program with Vista is not able to record it. If that is not the case and you have followed all the directions given earlier contact tech support as more details will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    The program is not dependent on your sound card. Vista has made it difficult to capture audio but if you have the UAC turned off using the directions posted earlier in this thread you should be able to. The exception is if it is DRM protected music. Then our program with Vista is not able to record it. If that is not the case and you have followed all the directions given earlier contact tech support as more details will be needed.
    Did what you stated and still no recording. What is DRM?

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for your prompt response on Sunday.
    I tried following your link and downloaded the largest file. The driver is not compatible with my sound card, and there is no sound at all (using Window Media Player to play a MP3 file). Correction in your replay that my computer is a desktop PC running on Vista.
    I also downloaded the smaller filesize (28MB) for Vista in the same link, but still does not work.
    Then I search with Google and downloaded a few more, still does not work.
    Then I found a website with many drivers:
    http://www.radarsync.com/driver/d273...on_audio_codec
    I shall try a number of these drivers one at a time and hope to find the one which works and give me the "stereo mix" line.
    If anyone knows which of these driver can give me the "stereo mix" line, it would save me time to try one at a time.
    Also if you have other suggestions, it would be appreciated.
    Thanks very much, Andrew.
    Hi Andrew,

So you are playing MP3s in your Windows Media Player and would like Replay Music to re-record them? Please let me know exactly what you are trying to do. Replay Music sometimes has problems recording directly from Windows Media Player especially if the music you are tying to play is DRM protected. Have you tried playing the MP3s in a different player besides Windows Media Player to see if you get a signal from Replay Music? Replay Music has no problem recognizing an audio signal from the Winamp player.

Regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.