Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot record in Vista

I got it to work.

I used freecorder, set the station I wanted to listen to i.e. 525.com.

Created the dir. I wanted to save recordings to. Than used winamp to listen to the recorded mp3 files. They transfered over to my Ipod ok.

I think some tweaking needs to take place with freecorder. Just missing some bass.

Hello Mike:

You are helping to solve my problem! Like many others here are posting, I am having difficulty getting RM to record and HAVE been doing all the right things as far as UAC off, opening RM first etc. You hit the nail on the head when you stated RM may have a hard time working with Windows Media Player. I used another player and Whalla (or at least sort of). It does recognize the other player and records but playback wasn't as clear as it should be so will work on this. Have also spoken with tech support and they spoke of making sure the Windows Media Player plugin for RM is checked...and mine was. I do believe my problem is to do with which type of player I use and will try to tweak so that the playback is clear. Will keep you updated but thank you for the suggestion of trying another player, I can see that is what is likely to work for me.

BTW: I am using Windows Vista Premium 64 bit and that too acts a little different than other VISTA versions so have to keep that in mind as well.

Will let you know of my progress.

RM is not able to re-record drm-ed files on Vista ?
    Is that on purpose (to avoid lawsuits) or is that an incompatibily or the
    software with Vista ?
    I thought RM could record any sound played by the computer.
    There are other softs using this kind of virtual sound cards technology that work with Vista.

Bye.

Okay, so can anyone tell me how I know if the file I have has DRM attached? The .mp3's I am trying to capture were downloaded many years ago, they stream and capture fine on my XP computer and just wondered how to find out if they are DRM-ed since they don't seem to capture using Vista and Windows Media Player.

ThankX

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by maxrenn View Post
    RM is not able to re-record drm-ed files on Vista ?
    Is that on purpose (to avoid lawsuits) or is that an incompatibily or the
    software with Vista ?
    I thought RM could record any sound played by the computer.
    There are other softs using this kind of virtual sound cards technology that work with Vista.

Bye.
    Replay Music does not use the typical virtual sound card technology that you are referring to. The reason is typical virtual sound card technology depends on the type of sound card that you have installed on your computer since the typical virtual sound card software lays on top of the sound card driver. So, if you don't have the right sound card on your Vista machine, then the typical virtual sound card technolgy may not work in Vista. Replay Music will work with all sound cards.

Best regards,
    Last edited by Mike Christensen; 09-20-2008 at 01:14 AM.
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by jpwilli View Post
    Okay, so can anyone tell me how I know if the file I have has DRM attached? The .mp3's I am trying to capture were downloaded many years ago, they stream and capture fine on my XP computer and just wondered how to find out if they are DRM-ed since they don't seem to capture using Vista and Windows Media Player.

ThankX
    Hi,

It sounds like your files are not DRM protected. But to find out, try moving your MP3s to a different computer and then try playing them. If they won't play then they are probably DRM protected. Have you tried playing your files in Winamp and then use Replay Music to record them?

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.