Thread: Please check out WWL 870AM

Default Please check out WWL 870AM

Hey,

This is a channel I record from every weekday. They must have just changed something up today as I had no problem capturing the stream for 6 hours on Saturday, and now it doesn't work.

I had to change it to capture by recording output, but on my computer it garbles it all up. I guess it's the crappy onboard sound of this motherboard.

However, capturing via stream works perfect on this system if the station works properly with Replay AV. Let me know if you guys can check it out. When it goes to capture stream, it automatically goes to saving and does nothing else.

Thanks,
    James

They have changed the link. I'm not able to get a good one so I have sent it to someone else to see if they are able to. Please give it a couple of days and then if it doesn't stream capture you will need to use audio capture. thanks.

Default Re: Please check out WWL 870AM

Cheryl, this is an issue that seems to be getting wose all the time. Various broadcasters, including Clear Channel and now Entercom (which owns WWL) are going to Flash SWF or Silverlight web players. They apparently want to force online listeners to go to their website (more hits?). They have gotten better at hiding the underlying URLs so URL Finder can't find it (and looking at properties or view page source doesn't work either). And they often seem to have the players set up so if you can find the URL, it keeps changing (tip-off for this is a long string of numbers at the end of the URL).

I have no idea what the solution is but I hope you guys can figure out something to deal with this because as more and more of the large group broadcasters do this, the problem is only going to get worse. CBS and Citadel still maintain URLs for Shoutcast and iTunes listings but I suppose it's only a matter of time before they make things complicated, too.

I guess we will have to go back to stream recording. The challenge is being able to use Replay AV's timer to open the web player at the designated time.

Default Re: Please check out WWL 870AM

We are aware of this issue and the developer is working on it. If/when there is a solution the program will be updated. For now you do need to use audio capture as when a station changes it is out of our hands.