Thread: Can only tune once then Replay A/V hangs

Default Can only tune once then Replay A/V hangs

Just downloaded and installed the suite. I had old version of Replay Radio still installed during suite install. After suite install I uninstalled old Replay Radio.

I added a couple scheduled recordings. I then used Tune to Station to test one of the recordings. The tuner popped up and connected to the station just fine. I stopped the tuner window. I then selected one of the other shows and tried tuning to the station. The tuner window that was open closes and nothing happens after that. The Replay app then goes into not responding status. I kill it with the task manager. After that I can never get Replay to open again unless I reboot. After reboot I can go through the same scenario with different programs but the result is the same. I can tune once but after that it all goes south.

The old Replay Radio worked great. What's the deal with the latest and greatest suite and Replay A/V? I run on XP, keep maintenance current, etc. Is this still somehow connected with having had the old Replay Radio before?

In case you are not aware, Replay AV has the ability to capture the content directly from the network stream and record without using your sound card at all. Stream Capture has a lot of advantages over the other recording methods:

- You can record silently without using the sound card.
    - You can record multiple streams at the same time.
    - You get perfect reproduction and the smallest possible file size.
    - Background noises are always eliminated.

If you set your show's properties to "capture by downloading" and "stream capture" you will be able to take full advantage of Replay AV.

Also, make sure you have allowed tuner.exe, guide.exe, and replayav.exe in your firewall. If you still have an issue with tuning then go to File-Settings-Tuning and select tune by opening browser. There are a few stations also that we can stream capture but we can't tune to. AV and Radio don't work the same way so you might want to look at the how to videos that are on our site. If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support for some assistance. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    If you set your show's properties to "capture by downloading" and "stream capture" you will be able to take full advantage of Replay AV.
    Thanks. I use the settings above. I did a test scheduled recording earlier and it seemed to work fine. I'll have to wait and see what happens with the others. I guess what I'm still confused about is that given that things are set up to record "quietly" what is one to expect when you right click on a scheduled recording and select Tune to Station? Isn't this the method in Replay A/V for "testing" a scheduled recording before the planned recording time rolls around? That way you make sure it tunes correctly to the desired radio station's streaming link.

Unfortunately not every station is going to tune and capture with the same URL. The majority do, however. I normally do a short 2 minute record now to test a URL.

thanks for this one. i'm learning a lot of other tips from here.