Thread: WMV vs MPEG for burning DVDs

Default WMV vs MPEG for burning DVDs

I want to remove commercials from my videos captured by RVC and then burn them to a DVD. RVC can output either WMV or MPEG, but Media Splitter works only with WMV. So two questions:

1. Do I lose any video/audio quality by capturing in WMV so I can edit with Media Splitter then burn to DVD? Or would I be better off capturing in MPEG and using some other editor before burning the DVD?

2. What are the plans for including MPEG in Media Splitter?

Thanks
    Barney

Each person sees the quality differently and what works for one person does not work for another. At the present time I suggest that you do a trial of the same item using both settings and compare the two. You are also able to use Replay Converter to convert the file from one format to the other in order to split the file.

I don't like the idea of converting WMV files to DVD-Video when you can record to MPEG-2. You may try to use DVD Authoring software that allows video editing. You may also use freeware AviDemux. It works fine with MPEG-2 videos and it can edit them losslessly!

Default Re: WMV vs MPEG for burning DVDs

Replay Video Capture 5 allows to record videos in DVD ISO image format ready to be burned on disc. This eliminates hours of conversion or transcoding.

http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/