Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS Radio's New Player

Default CBS Radio's New Player

CBS has now changed it's player making it harder to find the actual stream. Has anyone found the underlying stream url for any of the stations? If so please share, or if anyone from Applian has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The software keeps getting better--but so do the streaming stations...

The CBS Streamtheworld Player is designed so that one cannot use their underlying URL to record the stream. They want their listeners to go directly to their station's site to listen. We have implemented a special URL that allows for both stream capture and tuning of these streams. But, the station needs to be Added from the Media Guide. The dynamic, redirect URL will be then used like any other URL that comes from our database.

So, if there is a station that you'd like to see added to the Media Guide, please use the "Suggest Station" link from the Media Guide and enter as many of the station details as possible into the reference fields. We'll then add that station and you'll be able to record and listen to the stream.

Regards,

Tom Mayes

Default Thanks!

And I will suggest WXRT!

WXRT has been updated in the database. It stream captures just fine. But for some reason the tuning is not working correctly. We'll try to figure out the issue, and hope it is not an new Streamtheworld complication. But for now, you can stream capture the stream just fine.

Tom.

Default Hooray for the Media Guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mayes View Post
    The CBS Streamtheworld Player is designed so that one cannot use their underlying URL to record the stream. They want their listeners to go directly to their station's site to listen. We have implemented a special URL that allows for both stream capture and tuning of these streams. But, the station needs to be Added from the Media Guide. The dynamic, redirect URL will be then used like any other URL that comes from our database.
    I just want to be sure that you guy understand how great, awesome, fantastic, stupendous and, yes, even delightful this service is that you are providing us. I love my Applian products (but, yes, there's always room for improvement) but updating of the Media Guide *doubles* their value ... at least. Don't ever discontinue this service ... unless you want to p**s me off.

Thanks for the support Craig. We do the best we can to update the Media Guide. Applian folks are pulled in many directions ( human resources are scarce ), and the Guide is a huge project, so we rely on our users to let us know when a station needs updating. Also, the more data about the station that can be provided, the faster and easier, it makes the inputting of data.

So, to all who can help to keep the Media Guide up to date, thank you in advance.

Tom.

Default Thanks, but

It's still not working for me. I've tried several times and the resulting file is a .flv file that only plays for a second.

I do love the product and the support though and given the degree to which everyone is trying to hide streams I'm amazed at how well the guide does work. Replay A/V along with Orb are two of my favorite programs.

We updated WXRT such that both Stream Capture and tuning of the station work properly. I just did a test by Adding WXRT fromt the Media Guide and confirm that both functions do work properly. Please Add WXRT anew and try both stream capture for recording and tuning of the stream.

Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mayes View Post
    We updated WXRT such that both Stream Capture and tuning of the station work properly. I just did a test by Adding WXRT fromt the Media Guide and confirm that both functions do work properly. Please Add WXRT anew and try both stream capture for recording and tuning of the stream.
    Let the record show that you guys are awesome. But you knew that.

Default Working

Thanks--I'm assuming it was user error before

Great support!