Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Streaming - and KFI

Default Re: Streaming - and KFI

Quote Originally Posted by Cammo View Post
    This has been a MAJOR frustration for me ever since clear channel morons started implementing it...one station at a time. Now townhall.com is starting it on some stations. ... If you look at the URL, they are imbedding an "auth code" in the URL. The code periodically changes throughout the day so if you try to record the stream after that, it is, in effect, a different URL and won't connect.
    This is also taking place on the newer Flash based streams.

For example, I just started KFI's flash stream. The actual URL that passed in the background to start the stream was:
    rtmp://96.17.149.142:1935/live?_fcs_vhost=cp19771.live.edgefcs.net&akmfv=1.7 &auth=daEcrdNdDbnbYcO

There is an auth code at the end, and it also changes just like the older Windows Media streams did.

Hmmm, I couldn’t get the “scheduled task” thing to work, but I did have some success with part of excalifornian’s suggestion. I replaced the ReplayAV URL with the URL that appeared in the online player for KFI when I manually opened it. Replay AV still did not close the window after recording the show, but this was the first time in weeks (possibly even MONTHS!) that I got the full 4 hours of “Handel on the Law” to play all the way through, without opening multiple windows (which, as I said, not only ruins the recording, as well as any subsequent untended recordings). I’m at work now so I can’t say for sure, but I think I used the following. . .
    Code:
    http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/ondemand/player.html?world=st
    . . . and it worked great! It was almost like the good ol’ days when it worked each and every time! I didn’t have an authentication code, so I hope that that this will keep working without one.

thetalk -

Your link is almost there.
    I had to click on the radio stations tab- so not quite automatic.

Here's a Windows Media stream for KFI:

http://ordorica.org/tune.pl?station=kfi640

This should work continuously. Credit goes to Hector Ordorica at ordorica.org for figuring this out. More instructions for other Clear Channel stations are on his website.

Great !
    Oh, so can not wait to try this out.

Update - hey, it does work.
    But am I correct that when Streaming there is no sound to come out of the (PC's) speakers ?
    Last edited by sethm1; 02-01-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Seth,
    That's strange, I've been using it for a couple of months and it has worked automatically. Post your experience with the new link too. Always good to have a back up with these things.

The Hector link is working fine so far.

No audio during the recording- but I seem to recall thats a symptom when Streaming.

We now have this set up to capture using stream capture. We believe we have a way for the stations to stream now and we are updating links. With over 400 stations it is going to take a while but we are working on it as fast as we can.

By Jove, I think they've got it! I just ran a test, and it went through several retry's, but after 4 or 5 seconds, it started capturing the stream! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    We now have this set up to capture using stream capture. We believe we have a way for the stations to stream now and we are updating links. With over 400 stations it is going to take a while but we are working on it as fast as we can.
    Very cool Cheryl, nicely done!! Any word on when you might "crack" Townhall.com stations in general; KRLA and KCBQ in particular?