Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming - and KFI

Hi Applian,
    Will you post something here when this is fixed, or should we test for KFI every now and then?
    By the way, what is this KFI issue anyway? Why is it taking so long to work around? Is this something that might be reccurring problem?
    Thanks

There is nothing to fix. It is not broken. They have just changed the way they stream. You are able to capture it by using audio capture but due to the way they are streaming stream capture is not going to work. If you add it from our website you will find that it is set up correctly for you with audio capture.

I wrote to KFI.
    "Ernie" of Clear Channel replied-
    "I can't help you with Replay A/V. I only handle problems with streaming
    from our website."

I also asked if ClearChannel changed the way KFI is streamed from 6 months to say a year ago? I noticed the difficulty in recording the stream about 6 months ago.

He replied: We changed about 2 months ago. Started using Flash version 10.

So – is there a work around?

Also - I can not record 2 shows at once, one being stream capture and the other general audio capture.
    Last edited by sethm1; 08-03-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: new info

Hi Sethm1,
    Thanks for sharing that info.
    I am able to capture one audio recording while downloading a stream of another station. (Specifically Saturday's "Handel" on KFI and "Car Talk" on some station from Texas). I was always a little wary about this. Just so I wouldn't worry so much, I manually changed the times. Car Talk starts recording at 10, and then Handel starts about 5 minutes later. I think that gives the program time to get one up and running before starting the other one. Having them both start at the same time with different recording methods seems like it's inviting something to hang up or go wrong.
    Good luck.

I too had set the programs to not start at the exact time- so something odd is going on.

Replay Media Catcher (RMC) can record from KFI, but it doesn't support scheduling. Keep bugging the developers so that they either add support of such streams to Replay AV or add scheduling to RMC:

Do you need RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher? Vote and tell us your opinion.

Cheryl, any chance of this???

You are able to record with KFI and you are able to schedule a recording. Due to the way they are streaming you need to use audio capture. Go ahead and delete what you have and give it a try. We always work on improving our programs and if the developer has a way of handling this and the other stations that have made changes he will. thanks.

Default Re: Streaming - and KFI

Since I have paid for the Reply A/V- I do not feel I should pay another $40 bucks when Replay A/V should be working 100% !

Default Re: Streaming - and KFI

The program is working as it should. When stations change the way they stream that is out of our hands. You are still able to record with AV but you will need to use audio capture and not stream capture with this type of file.