Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming - and KFI

Default Streaming - and KFI

Any one know when I'll be able to set Reply A/V to record via Download Streaming?
    I just heard that KFI does not allow the stream recording.
    Is there a work around?
    I have one other show, but looks like I can't set KFI to Capture by Recording Audio (Whether by Windows Media, General Streaming or Real Audio) and another show (same time) via Download Streaming. So its either one show or the other.

Default Possible workaround

Well, there was another thread that addressed this. They suggested removing the old schedule, and then add them again with the updated information. The catch is that they can only record by capturing the audio output... you can not currently capture the download stream.

NOTE: When I did this, it opened the player and recorded the show, but it did not CLOSE that player. So when my next show came on, it opened another player, and recorded the second show with both going at the same time. The end result is that every show recorded after the first one is ruined, with multiple shows recorded talking over each other. Even the same station plays over itself with a 10 or 12 second delay. Unlistenable! Not sure how it works on other computers, but I have to manually close the player between shows.

My other option is using recording software goldwave. I manually open the player for KFI and just leave it running. Use gold wave with the timer option to start recording at the time I want. I like Replay AV, but I've missed a lot of shows the past couple of weeks. Good luck.

We do have the show set up for audio capture in the Media Guide. It works great but it will only record one show at a time with audio. You are able to capture other shows using stream capture at the same time as this however. As an alternative you are able to use Replay Media Catcher but you are not able to have a schedule with this program.

By the way I do not use a URL for a specific show.
    KFI: http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/onde....html?world=st
    KRLA: http://www.streamaudio.com/Player/Pl...name=&Optin=no

Replay A/v will not allow Capture by Download stream for one radio stn AND Capture by Recording Audio Output for another.

If I use Capture by Recording Audio Output, which type is preferred: General Streaming Audio, Window Media Or Real, or External Line in ?

what is Replay Media Catcher? I don't see that feature.

PS: when I Rt click on any of my shows, Properties menu does not open (using Vista 64 Bit SP2). But Rt click in Windows 7 does work. Just an FYI.

If you are using Windows 7 we have not made the program fully compatible with that as of yet as we are still testing it. All of our other programs do work fine with Windows 7. Here is a link to Replay Media Catcher for you.

I am using Vista - day to day.
    I have a old machine I put Win 7 on. But yes it works fine for me with Reply A/V. I just don't use the 7 PC as it does not have my e-mail set up on it.

hope catcher works!
    Anything about that program I should know (in setting up)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    If you are using Windows 7 we have not made the program fully compatible with that as of yet as we are still testing it. All of our other programs do work fine with Windows 7. Here is a link to Replay Media Catcher for you.
    yup. i agree. everything works fine under Windows 7.

Cheryl -
    I downloaded the Catcher -
    Am I correct that it can not record 2 radio shows at once?
    I am having a heck of a time using it.
    Also sent you a private msg.
    thx

Replay Media Catcher is able to capture more than one file at a time. If you are having a difficult time with it please contact tech support for it or look in the forum for that particular program. Thanks.

actually, since I have paid for the Reply A/V- I do not feel I should pay another $40 bucks when Replay A/V should be working 100% !