Thread: replay music with windows 7 - latest RC: no sound is recognized

Default replay music with windows 7 - latest RC: no sound is recognized

I can install and run the program. That works.

I can the driver as input source configured.
    But the issue is no sound is recognized. The sound indication bar is not moving and nothing is recorded.

Does anyone have a hint how i can make rm working on windows 7 ?

-alex

Default Re: replay music with windows 7 - latest RC: no sound is recognized

Please use the audio driver for sound that is built into the program. It works great with Windows 7. Also, always start recording first and go to the website from within our program that you want to record from.

For Input Source i get 2 options:
    1- Audio Driver
    2- Volume

I have Audio Driver selected.

I am following the order
    - rm
    - website

But at no time music is recognized.

Any other ideas ?
    -Alex

Default Win 7 RC 7100

I'm in the same situation as Alex. Start RM 3.7 before Web version of Rhapsody. Was trying this config since my Vista machine is hanging mid recording.

Update to version 3.72. Also, do make sure you start recording first and go to what you want after that.

Unhappy Re: replay music with windows 7 - latest RC

Now i have the latest RTM version of windows which i am using and the same issues ?!?!?!

This is really annoying.
    Whay cant you make rm3 - latest version - simply work with any driver recording.
    This should be possible :-((((( - very unhappy.

Is there any chance that this issue will be fixed any soon ?

Regards, Alex

Default Re: replay music with windows 7 - latest RC

It should work with the audio driver setting. Vista and Windows 7 make it difficult to record audio due to the settings of the sound card and with our audio driver it does work. If you continue to have an issue please let us know in tech support as a log file will be required.

Angry Re: replay music with windows 7 - latest RC: no sound is recognized

I have the same issue, I am running the latest version. I tried the record from web suggestion, does not work. I tried to reinstall and install and all I get is:
    Failed to register COM (ActiveX) control:C:\Programs Files (x86) ReplayMusic6NOV09\alt.dll Failure code returned by DllRegisterServer (0)

Very frustrated and unhappy too!!!! Works fine on Vista running on the same box. Send log file twice.

Default Re: replay music with windows 7 - latest RC: no sound is recognized

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have the same issue, I am running the latest version. I tried the record from web suggestion, does not work. I tried to reinstall and install and all I get is:
    Failed to register COM (ActiveX) control:C:\Programs Files (x86) ReplayMusic6NOV09\alt.dll Failure code returned by DllRegisterServer (0)
    Replay Music Error in Windows7: Failed to register COM (activeX) control c:\program files\replaymusic\atl.dll

Default FIX: replay music with windows 7: no sound is recognized

So after messing with Windows 7 a LOT I believe I have found the way to fix this problem. The issue seems to be that the default audio device in Windows gets changed from "what you hear" to something. In my case, this was because I installed other devices that have sound capabilities. Here are the steps:

1. Open "control panel"
    2. click "hardware and sound"
    3. click "manage audio devices"
    4. click "recording tab"
    5. you need to make "what you hear" the default device. If you dont see a green checkmark next to it. select it and click "set default"
    6. In my case, this showed as "unavailable". In order to make it available, I needed to click on the device that WAS the default and turn it off. (in my case, "analog mix"). Select the device, click "properties", then at the drop down at the bottom, chose "dont use this device".
    7. You should now see that "what you hear" is availble. Assuming so, select it and chose "set default".

In my case, this fixed the problem.

Also, when recording from a web page you have to you have to click "OK" after pressing the button "record from website" BEFORE starting the music. Otherwide (in my case) it would not work. I also get better results from Rhapsody than Napster for some reason.

Hope this helps. Good luck.