Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At-Large Recorder and SlingBox 2.0

Debbie McCormick Guest

Default It Works!

Hi All,

At Large Recorder will work with SlingPlayer 2.0 and the new Slingbox firmware. So long as your Slingbox is correctly setup for remote internet viewing. Just make sure that your router settings are correct and that you have the latest version firmware for your router installed. After upgrading your SlingPlayer software and Slingbox firmware, make sure that you re-run the SlingPlayer setup wizard and network assistant. Your router settings must be setup successfully for remote viewing in order for At-Large Recorder to work properly.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie McCormick View Post
    At Large Recorder will work with SlingPlayer 2.0 and the new Slingbox firmware. So long as your Slingbox is correctly setup for remote internet viewing. Just make sure that your router settings are correct and that you have the latest version firmware for your router installed. After upgrading your SlingPlayer software and Slingbox firmware, make sure that you re-run the SlingPlayer setup wizard and network assistant. Your router settings must be setup successfully for remote viewing in order for At-Large Recorder to work properly.
    Debbie:

What has changed? Are you refering to the new Beta version - or the earlier updates to SlingBox/SlingPlayer?

Thanks for any additional details you can provide.

Floyd Johnson

It will work with both. tested and tried.

Thanks Brandon - though I am curious as to why Applian and users both reported problems.
    Last edited by floydj; 09-27-2008 at 06:27 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by floydj View Post
    Debbie:

What has changed? Are you refering to the new Beta version - or the earlier updates to SlingBox/SlingPlayer?

Thanks for any additional details you can provide.
    Okay - I finally bit the bullet. After taking my old Tablet PC in for repairs, I had to reinstall all my favorite software - including SlingPlayer. I did this install in phases.

1. First, I installed just the new player software - and did not authorize the firmware to upgrade. The basic player worked - though I could not use the newer Program Guide. Since I had made no changes to the firmware, the At-Large Recorder still worked after I slowed down the LAN speed to 400 kbs using the advanced settings.
    2. Second, I allowed the firmware to complete its upgrade. The new player and Program Guide worked without problems. I then held my breath as I tried the At-Large Recorder. As reported earlier, the At-Large recorder still worked. I also tried the old version of the SlingPlayer installed on a newer Vista laptop. It still worked as well.
    3. Finally, I upgraded my Vista to SlingPlayer 2.0. Again, the Player worked without problems, as did the At-Large Recorder. Again, I slowed down the Recorder to something less than the LAN default of 2000-3000 kbs. I have found 400 kbs works well, but it may be possible to use a faster setting.

I am still curious as to why others (both Applian staff and users) originally reported problems. That being said, there are some features I would like to see in an upgrade to the At-Large Recorder:

• I had to adjust the stream speed in order to make a recording - this process should be detectable by the software.
    • Tie the recorder to a Program Guide such as that provided by the new SlingPlayer or as available from "TitanTV.com"
    • Add the ability to schedule several repeatable recordings in a single recorder window - rather than having to open multiple instances of the At-Large Recorder.
    • Given the growing base of multiple processor machines, might it be possible to record the same stream that is being viewed on the SlingPlayer. Sling promised this as a feature of the SlingPlayer 2.0, but it was not delivered.
    • There have been reported problems between the new SlingBox HD and the At-Large Recorder. Verify these problems and make needed changes to support the new hardware.

Thank you for listening -

Floyd

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for the recommendations, we will definitely take these into consideration for the next release of At-Large!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Will not work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie McCormick View Post
    Hi All,

I'm not sure why I can't get it to work. I just purchased the Slingbox Solo and have the new firmware and beta 2.0 solftware. Also, it is set for remote internet viewing. I don't use a router as my provider set me up with a wireless modem which has the latest firmware. I don't know how to check if my modem is set up for remote viewing but the slingbox had no trouble setting up for remote viewing.
    When I try the At Large Recorder demo, I can't get past the test.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikej38 View Post
    I'm not sure why I can't get it to work. I just purchased the Slingbox Solo and have the new firmware and beta 2.0 solftware. Also, it is set for remote internet viewing. I don't use a router as my provider set me up with a wireless modem which has the latest firmware. I don't know how to check if my modem is set up for remote viewing but the slingbox had no trouble setting up for remote viewing.
    When I try the At Large Recorder demo, I can't get past the test.
    Any ideas? Thanks.
    Where ever you are trying At-Large Recorder, does Slingplayer work at that location?

Default It Works!

I found this in the FAQ for tec trouble. It solved my problems. Thanks.

If you can connect remotely but have trouble connecting when on your local LAN, try using the IP address of your Slingbox in the Direct Connection area of At-Large Recorder's recording settings
    Last edited by mikej38; 10-05-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: posted incomplete message first time

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mikej38 View Post
    I found this in the FAQ for tec trouble. It solved my problems. Thanks.

If you can connect remotely but have trouble connecting when on your local LAN, try using the IP address of your Slingbox in the Direct Connection area of At-Large Recorder's recording settings
    Mike:

Are you saying that both the SlingPlayer and the At-Large Recorder are working for you now?

Floyd