Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At-Large Recorder and SlingBox 2.0

Not a hard fix just took me forever to figure it out. In hind sight the answer was pretty much in front of my face I just over looked it.

Default Question for dipdog21

I have a couple of questions for you dipdog21. First, in what way did the At-Large Recorder not work for you after upgrading your SlingBox? For me, I was able to connect to my SlingBox SOLO, but the recordings were fuzzy -- I was trying to record some of the Olympic games and the text graphics that NBC put up were almost unreadable.

Second, I tried to the fix you described as well, but I was unable to backout or re-install the old firmware from the new firmware that the SlingPlayer 2.0 Beta upgrade performed on my SlingBox SOLO. When I went to revered my SlingPlayer back to version 1.5, I went to the upgrade firmware utility and selected the SlingboxSoloFwV1_0_13Hw1_0_1Current.bin file. I got the following errror: "Slingbox firmware in the specified file is OLDER than current Slingbox firmware. Please select a NEWER firmware image."

I called SlingBox tech support and the level 1 tech talked to a level 2 tech who told him that the firmware cannot be downgraded to a previous build. Sorry for the long post, but I really want to be able to use the At-Large recorder to capture sharp video from the SlingBox feed again and maybe you did something that I missed. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I have a couple of questions for you dipdog21. First, in what way did the At-Large Recorder not work for you after upgrading your SlingBox? For me, I was able to connect to my SlingBox SOLO, but the recordings were fuzzy -- I was trying to record some of the Olympic games and the text graphics that NBC put up were almost unreadable.

Second, I tried to the fix you described as well, but I was unable to backout or re-install the old firmware from the new firmware that the SlingPlayer 2.0 Beta upgrade performed on my SlingBox SOLO. When I went to revered my SlingPlayer back to version 1.5, I went to the upgrade firmware utility and selected the SlingboxSoloFwV1_0_13Hw1_0_1Current.bin file. I got the following errror: "Slingbox firmware in the specified file is OLDER than current Slingbox firmware. Please select a NEWER firmware image."

I called SlingBox tech support and the level 1 tech talked to a level 2 tech who told him that the firmware cannot be downgraded to a previous build. Sorry for the long post, but I really want to be able to use the At-Large recorder to capture sharp video from the SlingBox feed again and maybe you did something that I missed. Thanks in advance.
    Did you install the v.1.2 beta from the link I posted. It may be that the 1.5 version with the firmware update might only work with newer firmware not older. The tech support guy is mistaken. As long as you go about the way I described in my post. This is a game videos I did after the 2.0 upgrade:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Bad_Test/

And this is a game video I did after the downgrade of firmware. There is a very big difference.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Free_For..._just_a_Knife/

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I didn't try to downgrade my firmware with SlingPlayer 1.2 earlier, but I tried it after work and it worked! So now I am running the firmware that seems to have came with version 1.5, but my captured video from At-Large Recorder is still fuzzy (just like your video in http://www.wegame.com/watch/Bad_Test/). The firmware I have installed is v1.0.13 (with a timestamp of 9/21/2007). I cold-booted my SlingBox as well to try and make sure it is running the right firmware. Uugghhh... I'll keep try more things to figure this out.

Whoa! I just tried the Recorder again after my last message and it captured a sharper video like from before the upgrade again! I think I forgot to try another capture after cold-booting the SlingBox (I had hit the reset button earlier, but I guess that wasn't enough). The important thing is that it works again! Thanks a bunch dipdog21 -- you saved me a lot of extra aggravation with your help!

Glad to hear it!

Default HOW TO ROLL BACK YOUR SLINGBOX FIRMWARE

Greetings,

Many people have had problems not just with At Large Recorder 2 after updating the Slingplayer software and the Slingbox firmware, but also having trouble getting their Slingboxes to stream at a constant high speed. I was one who updated my Slingplayer software to 2.0 Beta and then updated my Slingbox Pro's firmware. I wasn't able to stream at a constant speed and I wasn't able to use the At Large Video Recorder 2 program. Major bummer. Slingmedia techs were no help whatsoever and told me it was impossible to downgrade the firmware once it had been updated! Not true. I read through the Slingcommunity support forums and finally pieced together a successful work-around. I rolled back my Slingbox firmware and installed Slingplayer ver. 1.4 and now I'm streaming and recording with At Large Recorder 2 as before. I posted my results and a step by step "How To" in the Slingcommunity forums. Here are the links if you need help with this well documented problem.

http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/...hing./?page=13

or

http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/...EAMING-SPEEDS/

Respectfully yours,

Boomstick
    Northcoast Taiwan

At Large Recorder 2 RULES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    At the present time our program is not going to work with the new Slingbox.
    Cheryl,
    What do you man with the new Slingbox? What new Slingbox? Do you mean a Slingbox hat has the latest firmware on it? My pro and classic work just fine with At-Large and the new firmware.
    Can you expound?

Default Update?

Any news on this? I see it's been a month since the initial "our programmer is aware..." response. I just purchased At-Large today and am disappointed to find this out afterwards..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DevYYC View Post
    Any news on this? I see it's been a month since the initial "our programmer is aware..." response. I just purchased At-Large today and am disappointed to find this out afterwards..

Cheers
    There is no fix in place at this time.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.