Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: At-Large Recorder and SlingBox 2.0

Default Works Fine

Yes, it works fine for me now. Also, I had a buddy try it remotely with my email address and password and that worked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie McCormick View Post
    Hi All,

At Large Recorder will work with SlingPlayer 2.0 and the new Slingbox firmware. So long as your Slingbox is correctly setup for remote internet viewing. Just make sure that your router settings are correct and that you have the latest version firmware for your router installed. After upgrading your SlingPlayer software and Slingbox firmware, make sure that you re-run the SlingPlayer setup wizard and network assistant. Your router settings must be setup successfully for remote viewing in order for At-Large Recorder to work properly.
    All right after reading this quote I went ahead and re-tried the new slingplayer. Even with everything set properly on the router side and the slingplayer side I still have the same problem. The recording comes up as 320x240 when the recording setting is set for 640x480. Nothing has changed. I am using a dlink dgl-4300. Also I am using it at the local level not even over the internet. I don't know what to say besides now I have to flip back to the previous firmware again. Thanks.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dipdog21 View Post
    All right after reading this quote I went ahead and re-tried the new slingplayer. Even with everything set properly on the router side and the slingplayer side I still have the same problem. The recording comes up as 320x240 when the recording setting is set for 640x480. Nothing has changed. I am using a dlink dgl-4300. Also I am using it at the local level not even over the internet. I don't know what to say besides now I have to flip back to the previous firmware again. Thanks.
    Which SlingPlayer model are you using?

The At-Large Recorder can only record at the resolution being used by the SlingPlayer that you own. Since I own the original Classic (actually two of them), I can only record at 320x240 - only if I were to buy a newer model which streams at 640x480 would I be able to record at the higher resolution. The new SlingPlayer firmware works with either model - but is still limited by the whatever hardware you own.

Does that explain what you are seeing?

Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by dipdog21 View Post
    I don't think that was ever mentioned as being a problem in this thread. It started as ALR 2.0 not working with Slingplayer 2.0.

Debbie McCormick never said in her post, but Slingplayer 2.0 uses a different port configuration from slingbox to the client software (Slingplayer 2.0.). Client <-> server chat and port setup is compleatly different from older versions. I'm pretty sure thats the reason for her firewall concerns.

Sorry, that does not solve your problem but might explain the progression of this thread.
    Last edited by nuke12; 10-18-2008 at 02:06 PM.

I am having a problem with At-Large 2.4 and SlingPlayer 2.0. The recording appears to work fine (so I know it's not a firewall problem), but then the asf recording contains only sound, and no video. With SlingPlayer 1.5, it works fine. Does anyone know why it's doing this, or how to resolve it? Thanks.