Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At-Large Recorder and SlingBox 2.0

Question At-Large Recorder and SlingBox 2.0

A question has been raised over in the SlingCommunity forums about the use of the At-Large Recorder with SlingBox 2.0. I have not heard any discussion about this and said that I would try to find out if this is known at this time. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Floyd

At this time it hasn't been released. We are not able to test it until that time. Thanks. If you know differently please let us know.

Question

Okay, there is now a public beta of SlingPlayer 2.0 available on the Sling Media site. Has anybody installed it. I will install the player, but am leary of updating the firmware until I know that it will work with the At-Large recorder. Any advice would be appreciated.

Floyd

Thanks for the update. We'll get to testing it and I'll get back to you!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

At the present time our program is not going to work with the new Slingbox. Our developer is aware of this issue. Also, as a note, if you try the new version of Slingbox you are not able to roll back to a previous version so if you want to continue to use At Large Recorder at this time be careful.

UGH! I read this post one day too late! Is this gonna be a major problem that won't be fixed for a while or will a simple patch be out soon? I do hope there is some kind of work around.
    jc

At this time we don't have a date set for anything on this. It is still really new technology and looks like it has been changed a lot. It is going to take the developer a lot of work for this one, I'm afraid.

I have read that slingplayer v1.2 beta previously was able to change the firmware. I have not been able to find it anywhere and if someone knows where to download it from I would gladly give it a test to see if the problem could be solved till new software comes about.

OK I finally got the problem solved and rolled back. First Uninstall the new 2.0 beta version.Then install Slingplayer 1.5. Remove the proper firmware version file for the type of unit you have and place it in a location that you will remember. If you don't know which firmware version will work for your particular slingbox then just pull them all out an figure out later. They are located in the C:\program files\slingmedia folder. Then download slingplayer v1.2 beta. I found with some really deep digging and have uploaded it to a file sharing site. Here it is.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1j3tyeev7wz
    Then install it. Next go to Slingbox properties\Slingbox configuration and select update firmware. Select the proper firmware you saved from v1.5 and that's all. Lastly uninstall or just update back to v1.5 that's up to you. Now my At-Large Recorder is working as it was before.
    After all that I think you can just do the same thing with version 1.5. After I reinstalled it I saw the update firmware on this build as well. Oh well still a learning lesson. Good luck.
    Last edited by dipdog21; 08-17-2008 at 11:21 AM.

thanks for the info. i was cautious about updating. good thing i decided not to do so.