Thread: How to tell the progress of conversion?

Default How to tell the progress of conversion?

Is there any way to tell how the progress of the conversion is going? How much left, etc? I have noticed some flv that I caught with media catcher seems to take hours to finally convert to my ipod. I just wondered if there is a way to see what has been accomplished or is it stuck? I have checked the box flv in Direct show, I have tried to put the latest codecs into the directory. I picked "normal" setting instead of "low" I'm not sure what else to do to speed up the conversion.

I just open Windows Explorer, go to the target directory and watch the size of the target file grow by pressing F5 (Refresh) periodically.

Thanks for your reply. I did try that but the coverted file won't show in Windows explorer target folder until it is complete. Right now I am converting a flv file and the converter says it is converting, but nothing in the target folder. I cancelled the conversion and a partial file showed in the target folder at the end. It's really strange because I am sure I was able to watch the file in progress before. It would be nice to see "percentage complete" or something like that. I tried the new Beta 3.0 and am getting the same thing.

We hope to offer that in a future version. Thanks. If you continue to have a problem converting contact tech support. Include a copy of your log file so they can see what is going on.