Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC iPlayer and other Flash 9 Audio/Video streams

Unhappy BBC iPlayer and other Flash 9 Audio/Video streams

I'd like to be able to record the videos from BBC's iPlayer, like this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/elbow/

...and also audio streams such as this one:

http://www.we7.com/public/albumDetai...sc=1&play=true

However, Replay A/V doesn't seem to be able to recognise them - the URLs do not appear in the "Recent audio/video URLs" list.

Any suggestions?

I tried downloading a trial version of WM Recorder but haven't had any more success with that.

Incidentally, I'm having absolutely no trouble with downloading Real music streams such as on this page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainf...d/radio2.shtml

For the record, I'm using Windows Vista Business.

There are a lot of different streaming formats out. I wasn't able to test the first one as it was currently not available. When I tested the second link I was able to capture it using Replay Media Catcher. It uses a different protocal for capturing streams so give it a try and see how you like it.

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/

Smile

Thanks, Cheryl. I had already tried Media Catcher and it didn't work. I now realise I had not started the playback and the recording software in the correct sequence when I tried it at first. I should have paid more attention to the instructions!
    Last edited by jonnyewing; 07-15-2008 at 02:10 AM.

Unhappy BBC iPlayer has changed

This week, the BBC have integrated their audio streams with the (previously video-only) iPlayer system. Up until now, for several years, all radio shows on the BBC's "listen again" service have been available as Real Audio streams but now, as of this week, they're Flash-based.

I've been getting on quite well with using Replay A/V until this week but I don't think that will be any use any more. Replay Media Catcher does work, but then again it doesn't.

The stream downloads perfectly, but after 59Mb (equivalent to 1hr 4mins) it stops. I've tried this three times with three different streams and get the same result every time. The largest file was 59.2Mb (62,124,032 bytes) but they're all very close.

Any idea why the recording halts at this point?

Hi

We are aware that some people are having an issue with this. I'm going to let the developer know and perhaps in a future update. Thanks.

Default Real Streams still available

I think that you can still get a real player stream for BBC Radio if you click the "Text Only" link in the top left of the iplayer (above the BBC logo).

This may be a short term solution

I think that you can still get a real player stream for BBC Radio if you click the "Text Only" link in the top left of the iplayer
    I think this only works for selected stations (eg. Radio 4).

However, I do now know how to get Replay Media Catcher to work with iPlayer. If this happens to anyone else, just go to Settings in the Tools menu and choose "Plug-in Options". Then change the value for the "Media Buffer Time". The default is zero. I changed it to five and the problem with truncated recordings went away completely. It apparently has no affect whatsoever on the quality of the audio.

Hi

Thank you for sharing that. You are correct in some cases. Our developer is also working on an update that should work even better.

Please read this thread:

https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=301

-andy.

Above link doesn't work for me. I'm still getting stuck around 59MB on BBC radio shows.