Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WM Recorder

Default WM Recorder

Probably the wrong place but having spent a couple of hours getting lost on this rather random site I have failed to see anything with the name WM Recorder on it !!

That and this section has had a reply in the last few days! I`ve waited 3 hours for a response to my "email" for help (5 hours if you count the first email that never got sent due to the rather convoluted sending process).

Bought WM recorder today.

Using Windows XP 2002.

Microphone input passes the bubble noise test and appears to activate the tell tale volume bars when it picks up noise.

Sadly no audio on videos no matter what settings are used.

Cam Studio worked a treat right out of the box (free!) but quality of WM recorder promised to be better.

Possibly not the wisest spend of $30. I did see a 30 day guarantee mentioned somewhere but everything seems to have gone eerily silent when trying to resolve the problem or get my lolly back !

Henry
    Last edited by henryf; 06-23-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: To correct poor English

Hi Henry,

We do not support the WM line in these forums. If you have already submitted a ticket, you should be hearing back from someone shortly. We try to answer all tickets within 24 hours. Thank you.

Now I really am confused !!

It would seem Applian are happy to cash the cheque and bank the money. I can only say I`m relieved I didn`t fall for the $90, "why not upgrade to some of our other Applian Tosh" bundle.

Either Applian needs to support all it`s products to the same extent or don`t sell them at all.

24 hours is simply too long I`m afraid.

Compared to the motoring forums I`m more used to this does seem something of a graveyard, no offence, but I`d have thought your company could easily incorporate another of their products into it. Or do they have hundreds of these 2nd tier products trading off the back of more successful programmes ?

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Thanks for giving us the money now go away

I`ll try to find out how to get my money back.

Keep smiling.

Henry

For some reason wmrecorder is not part of this site, but the support is just fine...go to wmrecorder.com Every issue I have had has gotten resolved fairly quickly through that site.

You are correct. We answer all support items in our tech support quickly and accurately. Go to tech support and Jeff will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    You are correct. We answer all support items in our tech support quickly and accurately. Go to tech support and Jeff will get back to you.

Not entirely my experience

http://www.applian.com/help/[email protected]

I deeply regret purchasing from Applian Technologies, will never do so again and will recommend everyone I meet to not do so.

We are in the final throws of launching a new business venture which involves the capture and transfer of images over the internet. I can only hope there is a missed business opportunity for Applian there.

You simply can not have someone waiting 3 days for a solution to what is probably a simple problem. You lot (in the IT world) use terms like "snail mail" in a derogatory manor for a letter that gets delivered overnight.

I wonder what phrase we non IT bods would use to describe Applian`s lethargy.

Keep smiling Cheryl and thanks for your warm welcome the other day

Henry

I'm sure that Jeff will get back to you shortly. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    I'm sure that Jeff will get back to you shortly. Thanks.
    Well 4 or 5 hours later and I`m still waiting.

I truly admire your optimism Cheryl. It`s a quality we Brits just can`t manage in customer services. That warm friendly smiling and sincere smile, direct eye contact, the head very slightly titled to one side and angled down just a couple of degrees.

You`d be ready to book the next cruise right there and then. It`s only when you look around that you see the whole ship is sinking and probably on fire as well !!

We tend to tell it the way it is. We look `em straight in the eyes, move a little close, have a quick scan round to see if anyone is looking then, in a hushed voice say, "To be honest mate you`re not the first person that`s had this problem. We get loads of people down. I was you I`d call your credit card company and get the to stop the payment," or something along those lines.

How every you package it up if you lot really gave a Monkey`s you kick Jeff up keister, tell him to hold the rest of the tattoo, and it is a lovely tattoo by the way ! and sort out this crazy bloke from London. England !

What more can I do? I`ve waited in the office until 8.45pm just to see if Applian technologies respond to a problem 3 days ago but sadly not.

As ever keep smiling. It`s only life !!

Henry

I see that you were responded to on June 23 by Jeff. He answers all tickets in the order they are received. When you respond to a ticket again prior to a response the system takes you to the bottom of the line so that could be the reason for the delay. The ticket system doesn't realize that it is a second or third response from you prior to having a response from us. Thanks.

The mind boggles.

Do you really mean to tell me that Jeff and the rest of the possey don`t ever look for answers to their questions and Applian Technologies in all their wisdom and IT know how can`t sort out their own website.

I`m a simple country boy but let me give you people a suggestion.

When someone asks you for help send yourself an email.

Respond (I got an email from you lot when Jeff bothered to respond (without really reading my question).

When the hapless punter responds send yourself another email.

And so the process continues.

It`s quarter to 1 in the Morning over here, I`ve come on here and in the room with no windows where I`m waiting in vain for Jeff to reply to me because I`m bloody keen to sort this out. I know Jeff is going to ask another question so rather than wait for another 48 hours I thought I might catch him whilst he`s still at work and we could have a sort of 2 way conversation. You know, what people used to do before they hid behind computer terminals.

You lot couldn`t sort out a piss up in a brewery.

Good night.