This is a post that contains a lot of what I sent to customer support last week but have not received a reply or acknowledgment. I bought the suite although Media Catcher was the package that seemed to be what I needed. I tried the demo and it recorded a couple of frames and then stopped. I wasn't sure if that was the crippling of the eval copy and the playback finished in a second. I bought the suite and installed the Catcher and the package wouldn't record. A tip recommended refreshing the screen to alert the software to a stream but doing that resulted in an error to connect to the stream. I tried multiple times, each time creating a new file that had nothing in it except the last file that was recording something but with no video coming in, it was black. There is a cheap package called Video Capture Master that has no trouble recording the video but I wanted to be able to change the size of the capture window. Then I tried A/V which was stated to be the package to use if Catcher didn't work and A/V reported that it detected no network activity at all. Catcher had no such problem. It asked if I was behind a firewall. Of course I am. The basic Windows firewall and McAfee. I briefly disabled the firewalls and retried with the same result. My system is not exotic and while I can see how it may not detect a video stream, it's hard to understand how it could detect any network activity at all! (Especially given that on my side of the router I have 2 computers networked.) What I find most disappointing is the lack of response to this problem by customer service.

I have seen some posts related to this topic (A/V) but didn't see anything that addressed Catcher....I realize I may have just missed it but if the package wont work then I need to find out so I can get my money back and maybe apply it to CamTasia. My preference of course is to get this package to work.

Any advice on the Catcher problem or the AV problem even when the firewalls are off?

Thanks in advance...
Randy