Thread: Media Guide Outages

Question Media Guide Outages

I notice Media Guide has been updated with new URLs and XML links to podcast feeds. Thank you.

But I am still finding that Media Guide is down from time to time, most often during early morning and weekend hours. I use Media Guide to check descriptions of podcasts which Replay AV has downloaded (to decide which ones I want to listen to; or which segments of an episode I want to listen to). And still sometimes get a time out error, or the pages on which only the headings load but not page content.

I'm glad y'all are working on keeping content current and accurate but that doesn't help if we can't access the site.

I have not had this mentioned to be in quite a while. Thanks and we will look into it.

It's happening again right now.

Icons across the top and nothing more. Status bar says waiting for Replay-Video ... and waiting ....

UPDATE (Several hours later)

Tried again. Issue persists. Tried clicking on the icons. Appears this problem is limited to the Home page and the Podcast page (at least right now). Also page frames for specific podcasts are not loading.
    Last edited by emacee1701; 07-12-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Update

Hi

That happens once in a while for Podcasts and when we are aware of it we do a fix. If this happens again please let tech support know. Thanks.

Thanks. BTW: It's happening again now.

Thumbs down

Apparently these "fixes" are not permanent. It is happening again now. I've posted here. I've contacted technical support, as you requested. It keeps happening and the more it happens, the more annoying this issue becomes.

Tech support wrote me back and said he was unable to "recreate" the problem. The problem happens when it happens. It doesn't happen when it doesn't happen. That should not be difficult to grasp. In my experience tech support people's first response is to assume the user is wrong.

There is a problem. I have it. Probably various Replay AV users who are not allowed to post here have experienced it. But you people already have our money, so maybe you think there's no reason why you should care.

Hi

We do care and we have been working on it. The developer is aware of this issue and unless we are informed that it is out we aren't able to fix it. I will again let the developer aware of this. Thanks.

Hi

I have checked with the developer. He is going to be moving the database to another server and that will eliminate the issue you are experiencing. He plans to have this implemented by the end of the summer. Thanks for your patience.

Glad to hear it. Thanks.

Please let us know if you have any more issues with this. We updated it last night.