Thread: Scheduling a Recording in the Future

Default Scheduling a Recording in the Future

Hi Applian folks!

I have only used At-Large Recorder to record shows right before they were scheduled to broadcast. I just now scheduled a recording to take place next week. Now I know that At-Large Recorder must stay running for the recording to occur, but I also know that my computer will not be up and running every minute until then. I commonly reboot once each day. (More if a software installation or MS Update or something requires it).

So I will have to make sure to restart At-Large Recorder the morning of the show, sometime prior to the scheduled start time. The schedule will remain intact through a reboot, correct?

It would be easier if At-Large Recorder could be configured to start with Windows, but there does not appear to be any Options or Settings. I know that I can always just create a shortcut and place it in the Startup folder, but to be honest I don't need it to start with Windows unless I have a recording scheduled. When there is nothing scheduled I need to keep my startup config as low as I can - I already have far too much in there!

If there was a setting I could schedule a recording and then very quickly and easily check the startup box in Options. And then do the same when the recording is done. Whereas if I use the shortcut in the Startup folder I would have to delete it and then do that all over again for each scheduled recording.

So this post has two purposes:
    1. Is there currently a way to do this easily that I am not seeing? And...

2. If not, then please consider this a Feature Request for a future release.

Thanks!

Jim

Anyone??

I do not think that there is any way to schedule an At-Large recording if the system will be shut down after scheduling the recording. I think it would be a great idea and hope that it is incorporated into the next software iteration.

TitanTV creates a XML file that can be used to store recording requests. I have requested that this system be used to program the At-Large Recorder - such a file could be used to maintain data for a future recording.

Floyd