Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (solved) Customer service: 3 days for them to resolve my activation issue

Default (solved) Customer service: 3 days for them to resolve my activation issue

Their customer support is a joke. I have been waiting 3 days for them to resolve my activation issue and I have yet to receive a reply. This is ridiculous.

We answer all tickets within a 24 hour period. If you have not had a response yet, please provide a ticket number so that we can look into this. If you did not receive a ticket number this means that your ticket was not submitted properly and you will need to re-submit this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    We answer all tickets within a 24 hour period. If you have not had a response yet, please provide a ticket number so that we can look into this. If you did not receive a ticket number this means that your ticket was not submitted properly and you will need to re-submit this.

I have, for a third time, created a ticket for my problem. Here's the issue and the ticket #:

TICKET #: 58F252

I have a legal copy of Replay Music 3.60 which I bought from your web site. This is the SECOND ticket I create to solve my problem. I didn't know that I could not activate the program, on the same PC!!!!!! - over 5 times and this is not making me happy because I am a software tester and I am constantly formating and re-installing Windows on my PC and of course, I have to re-install all my programs all over again, including Replay Music - every time I format the PC.

I cannot activate my Replay Music because it says I have activated 5 times already. I need someone to resolve this problem please because this is not acceptable. I am not installing this on ANY other computers but the same one all the time. I tried the reset tool on your web site and it does not work. I currently have Vista 64 bit installed.

Please help.

-Hermes Rivera
    [email protected]

This has been reset. You will now have 5 more activations. We have this measure in place so that codes do not get pirated. I am not sure it is possible to disable this measure and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    This has been reset. You will now have 5 more activations. We have this measure in place so that codes do not get pirated. I am not sure it is possible to disable this measure and I apologize for any inconvenience.
    Thank you. I appreciate it. I will try it as soon as I get home and see if it works.

I did answer a ticket from you yesterday on this as well. Thanks. It was submitted yesterday and answered on the same day. If you have other ticket numbers let us know so we can track them down as we pride ourselves on our customer support.

Default Re: Customer service: 3 days for them to resolve my activation issue

Will using the "clear activation" program eliminate this problem, if it is used before uninstalling or reformatting? I'm in the same boat, (I just submitted a ticket today) so I am curious if this will fix this, or will it still limit you to the 5 times? If it still limits you, why would I bother with deactivating/authorizing before I reinstall?

Default Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE

It is necessary to contact support when you receive this error.

Default Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by scorbing View Post
    I am a software tester and I am constantly formating and re-installing Windows on my PC and of course, I have to re-install all my programs all over again
    Why are you "constantly formating" [sic] your PC?

Have you not heard of Virtualisation?

Why would you be installing personal apps you have to re-install all over again on your 'software testing' PC?

Now if that were me, I'd have a machine for personal use (and I can't think why you would want to use Replay Music for commercial use) and one specifically for the job of software testing where you wouldn't have to keep re-installing your personal software.

Of course, the other route is to image your 'testing' machine with a 'default' configuration that you can easily restore without fully formatting per se, this would retain all your registrations and licenses for the programs you are apparently constantly re-installing (a pointless and time consuming operation if the intent is to simply get you back where you were)

Acronis has some good software to help you achieve this.

Hope that helps?

Smile Re: Customer service: 3 days for them to resolve my activation issue

Yeah, but what if the drive you've mirrored to dies?? You should be able to install this software on your machine any time you want to. A clean restore is the only way to rebuild a computer. When I change hard drives, even though I have my machine ghosted to another drive, I do a clean install. I just had to change out a 150g Raptor that was striped with another. WD didn't make them anymore so they sent me a 320g Velociraptor. So I had to purchase another Velociraptor so I could again stripe them. In all this I had everything ghosted to a 1tb Barracuda because as you know, if you have hard drives striped and 1 dies you lose everything. Well the 1tb Barracuda was toast. So if I have to install all my software again I should be able to. I paid for it.