Thread: Problem Converting Some YouTube Videos

Default Problem Converting Some YouTube Videos

I normally have no problem converting YouTube videos to AVI, but recently I was unable to convert a couple to YT videos to AVI. However, I can convert these videos to WMV & Ipod. However, when I alternatively convert to WMV, I'm unable to edit these videos. It will come back with the message "Source File isn't supported or has been damaged." Is there any other way to edit these videos? Please advise. Thank you.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by iluvfirenze View Post
    I normally have no problem converting YouTube videos to AVI, but recently I was unable to convert a couple to YT videos to AVI. However, I can convert these videos to WMV & Ipod. However, when I alternatively convert to WMV, I'm unable to edit these videos. It will come back with the message "Source File isn't supported or has been damaged." Is there any other way to edit these videos? Please advise. Thank you.
    Hi,

It is probably because the codec in the WMV file that Replay Converter produces is not recognized by your editing software. A new version of Replay Converter is coming out shortly that will produce WMV files that more software programs can recognize. We are hoping to have a new beta version ready in a week or so for everyone to try out.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

Thanks for your reply, Mike. Now I need another question answered about the Replay Splitter. I posted a thread about problems splitting a couple of YouTube videos in the Replay Splitter section but haven't received a response. In this case, I had no problem converting the YT videos to AVI, but when I tried to edit these videos, I got the message "SolveigMM Video Editing Engine error OR CDS Player:: on StartD. Please advise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Christensen View Post
    Hi,

It is probably because the codec in the WMV file that Replay Converter produces is not recognized by your editing software. A new version of Replay Converter is coming out shortly that will produce WMV files that more software programs can recognize. We are hoping to have a new beta version ready in a week or so for everyone to try out.

Best regards,
    Okay, is the new beta version of Replay Converter ready yet? Please let me know as soon as it becomes available so I can try it. You wrote that the codec in the WMV file that Replay Converter produces probably isn't recognized by my editing software. My editing software is Replay Splitter, so Replay Splitter doesn't recognize the codec in the WMV file produced by Replay Converter for this particular YouTube video? Please explain. I need help desperately, so please respond as promptly as possible. Thank you.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by iluvfirenze View Post
    Okay, is the new beta version of Replay Converter ready yet? Please let me know as soon as it becomes available so I can try it. You wrote that the codec in the WMV file that Replay Converter produces probably isn't recognized by my editing software. My editing software is Replay Splitter, so Replay Splitter doesn't recognize the codec in the WMV file produced by Replay Converter for this particular YouTube video? Please explain. I need help desperately, so please respond as promptly as possible. Thank you.
    Hi,

The new version of Replay Converter is currently being tested internally but the public will be able to test it shortly. But for now, are you able to edit AVI files produced by Replay Converter in Replay Media Splitter? If so, you could just convert those WMV files to AVI and then edit them in Replay Media Splitter.

Regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.