Thread: Sound Monitor

Default Sound Monitor

Dear Applian:

I just upgraded my replay Music version and noticed there is a change to the sound monitor. It used to llok like a spectrum analyzer. Now it just looks like an intensity bar. Is there any way to get the old display back? Thanks.

Nope-you will need to use the new interface with this version.

It's the way it was with older versions of RM. It's better that way when you're recording from your soundcard. You can adjust your soundcard's recording mixer manually in order to avoid sound distortions when the two lines are always close to 100 %.
    But i think when you record from the Applian audio driver it's not important anymore; you're supposed to have a bit to bit identical reproduction.
    Mods correct me if i'm wrong !!

Bye.

Default Does Sound Volume Matter?

Good point - I would like to know whether you are right. I keep volume of everything at max (max source output, max recording) and the new sound monitor just sits there with all the bars maxed out to the right. I do not try to "tune" the volume settings so I can see the bars move up and down - or in this case left and right.

So the question to Applian - when using their sound driver, do the volume settings matter in terms of creating or preventing sound distortion?