Thread: RMC vs RM for recording Pandora?

Default RMC vs RM for recording Pandora?

I would like to capture Pandora music. RMC 2.30 doesn't get many of the tags, but RM 3.0 does. Is there a difference in quaility between these 2 products?

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony DePaula View Post
    I would like to capture Pandora music. RMC 2.30 doesn't get many of the tags, but RM 3.0 does. Is there a difference in quaility between these 2 products?
    Hi,

The method of how the media is captured and how the audio is recognized is different for these products. RMC is good at capturing a large number of video streams quickly and simultaneously although it can also capture audio, where as RM can not capture video but is specialized to capture audio sites and recognizing them very accurately.

Regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

Cool

The volume of the music is really low when I use RM to record Pandora compared to RMC. Is there a way to fix this? Also, the Applian web site says to use RMC for capturing Pandora streams, so I'm confused at this point.

Hi

It is a personal choice as to what you prefer. To make the volume louder using RM go into the Pandora volume and make it louder at that point. That should make your recording louder. Both programs are great and you simply need to decide what one you would use the most. As an example, if you want to also capture video than buy the Media Catcher. If you only want to capture music than Replay Music would be the choice I would make.

Thanks Cheryl and Mike! RM seems to work better than RMC for recording Pandora.