Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy the software or not?

Question Should I buy the software or not?

Just looking for general feedback guys...is this a good buy or not?

So far demo works fine and I've tested customer service and it was great, quick and sorted the problem.

I've read one thread which says the software doesn't record long enough. The streams I want to record are at least 2 hours long so this is important to me.

All feedback welcome...

Replay AV is a great program, our tech support is great and we offer a 30 day guarantee on our programs. If the program does not work for you within those 30 days you can request a refund by opening a ticket with Customer Service. We answer all requests within a 24 hour time period.

my two cents

Also keep in mind that we have thousands of people using our programs on a daily basis. Most of the people that post on the forum are people having an issue-very few of our clients. We would love to have more people help each other on this forum so if you know the answer please dig in and respond. Thanks.

Cheers Cheryl & Tasha for your comments. I appreciate feedback on this type of forum could be negative but it's all part of my research. The software isn't cheap and I've bought software before from other vendors which promised the earth and delivered very little...not saying this is the same.

Could I suggest something which is better for the buyer. Rather than limit the features of the demo software why don't you make the full version free for 30 days afterwhich the customer has to pay for the goods or it stops working. In this way I'd get to try the full version, including length of recording, and if it did everything you claim it does I'd be more than happy to pay up.

Default Programs are unreliable

The programs sound really great, but that is where they stop. I was excited about the possibilities of recording Sirius on a schedule and then transferring it to my ipod. I have got it to work a few times and it was great but most of the time it does not work correctly. I set it to record and it shuts off by itself, whenever it feels like it. Maybe I recorded an hour, or maybe just three minutes. The customer service and tech support is horrible.

Cheers...this does appear to be a theme. I've found the demo does this too. It sets off recording but at best can only manage 75 seconds.

If you have an issue please contact tech support if you are not able to get help here. We answer all tickets in a timely manner and average under 6 hours per response. If you are not getting a response send me the ticketnumber you were sent and I will look it up. If you didnt get a ticket number than you didn't submit the ticket correctly.

Please stop slandering us in the forums. We have been patient but we will ban you if you continue mblair. We have been patient but enough is enough.

I have used Replay AV 8 for years, it works for me as advertised. There are some video formats on-line that it does not record. The satallite radio recording has always worked for me, as long as you have a subscribtion to the service. I believe there is a setting for length of recording if needed.

Default great products - recommended

I've been using Applian products both at home and at work for several years now (work in radio station). The only problems I've encountered over that time were user-based ... ran out of hard drive space, not enough system resources, running on machines at minimum hardware requirements (or less). Or lost the Internet connection at the provider's end but that's not a software fault either.

I've recorded audio files as long as 12 hours continuous, as stream captures. No problems, software performs like a champ.

Occasionally you'll hear about problems with automatic song identification for Replay Media Catcher recording some audio streams. I know this application works fine on streams where most/all of the music is current and well-known but I have not tried it yet, myself on streams where the music is less mainstream and more obscure. Could be a different story according to some users.

Finally, I haven't had much requirement for dealing with Applian customer service so I can't rightly comment on that subject ... except to say that people without issues are rarely heard from in software help forums. I'm a satisfied customer, the applications seem to work for me, and so I'm good.

Hope this helps with your decision to purchase or not.

Best
    Gord

Thumbs up A Happy customer

Hi, i have been an Applian customer and Replay AV user going back to the days they developed for the pocket PC. I use their software DAILY to grab audio and video feeds off the web and sync them with my HTC Diamond. I use it at our church to record opur sermons and presentations. I use Media Catcher to grab You Tube and other video sources off the web. I use Splitter and Converter on a regular basis for quick converting and editing.
    My point is, the apps work. I'm not going to say your going to get every feed and every audio source. What does? They are not going to circumvent the law, but there are constant updates and this company is dedicated to working with media capture and know this business. Your limitations are likely due to using the demo apps in a restricited state.
    So Applian gets a big thumbs up from me and I encourage you to stick with it for your PC media needs.