Thread: Can't record on hulu anymore.

Default Can't record on hulu anymore.

hello i just updated to the newest version of the replay catchter. the software will pull down from everything except hulu. am i doing something wrong. or does hulu not allow folks to pull down videos? the wierd part is it will record the ads. but not the video i am looking at.

Unhappy

Hulu uses an encrypted form of RTMP called RTMPE (sometimes called RTMPS).

Replay Media Catcher used to be able to download RTMPE but Adobe legally threatened them so Replay Media Catcher will no longer download it.

At this point there is nothing you or anyone can do. Best we can hope for is for some company out of Adobe's legal reach to either buy Replay Media Catcher or come out with their own product that can download RTMPE.

In the mean time you can use an analog screen capture recorder on Hulu, such as Replay A/V.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Default Will older versions work???

Will older versions of the software work on Hulu? If so, how can I reclaim an older version that I purchased? Thanks...

No version of Media Catcher will record from Hulu.

Default Uh oh...

If we can't use Replay Media Catcher anymore for Hulu, then I'm sure other sites that offer video content will catch onto this fact. If so, then are we all SOL with anymore recording? This "ain't" good news... I thought we all had the legal right to copy content for our own use if we didn't use it for personal gain or share it with others. What exactly is legal vs. illegal when it comes to snagging video content online?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInCampbell View Post
    I thought we all had the legal right to copy content for our own use if we didn't use it for personal gain or share it with others. What exactly is legal vs. illegal when it comes to snagging video content online?
    Because Hulu uses an encrypted video stream, it is considered "protected." The Digital Millenium Copyright act of 1998 (which should be done away IMHO with as it violates consumers' fair use rights) makes it illegal in the USA to bypass or decrypt protections intended to prevent copying. Because Applian is a USA based company, they have to follow USA law.

It's only a matter of time before a non-USA company makes an application that can download RMTPE. Best move IMHO for Applian at this point is to sell the software to a non-USA based company before some other non-USA based company comes out with an alternative.

Default I have a solution...

Get a hold of the folks at SlySoft. They have GREAT software for removing CSS from DVD's so that we can make backup copies of our OWN DVD's that we paid for. I bet these folks would jump at the chance to incorporate your software. It is such a natural fit for them... Here's the weblink. If they do buy you out, let us know so that we can purchase the software from them. Thanks... sorry to hear about the loss of the software and what it could do. I miss it already.

SlySoft:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

A thread was posted there about it. It was met with general hostility and the thread was locked.

Default Media Catcher website still boasts of ability to record HULU

Applian should update their product info (links accessible still through google) for Media Catcher.

http://applian.com/recording_solutio...10&verb=Record

The site notes that it is "Recommended for Hulu". As this is not the case are we inaccurately reporting the capabilities? AKA False advertising? Isnt that illegal too?

This link recommends Replay Video Capture for Hulu.